GO!

GSP vs. English - what's the difference?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Jones

I'm as sweet as- can be!

Barked: Thu May 15, '08 5:48pm PST 
I adopted Jones a few weeks ago (as some of you may already know) and the rescue lady said he is an english pointer. This is my first experience with a pointer of ANY sort - so if anyone can tell me the difference between the two .... it's merely me being curious because they look so much alike it's hard to tell sometimes. It seems that many GSP's are a little bigger, but with Jones it isn't saying much b/c he's supposedly rather small to begin with. Any thoughts?
[notify]
♥- Tucker- ♥

GSPs Rock!

Barked: Fri May 30, '08 12:17pm PST 
Hi Jones - and you appear to be a very handsome GSP!!! I'm not quite sure what the hunting/temperment difference(s) are in English vs German pointers, but I can tell you that physically, Jones, does not suggest English in the slightest. His ticking and facial structure is indicative of a GSP - which are wonderful aesthetics! English pointers have fuller, almost boxey facial structures, and frankly I don't find them as 'royal' in appearance as the GSPs. You have a great breed and a wonderful new family member. Good luck and keep him busy because they're TONS of work, but worth every single moment. Hope this has been a tiny bit helpful.

xoxo Tucker
[notify]