GO!

GSD quirks...

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 35: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  
Arko

ah..finally a- good life...

Barked: Thu Nov 15, '07 11:12am PST 
what are the little things that your GSD does?

arko nibbles...whenever he gets excited when we play he'll nibble my clothes, legs, blankets, his tail and feet....he only does it when he's excited!

he LOVES to shove his head into the fridge when i go to get his food...then he'll stare at the drawer til i open it and hand him is dinner...

he'll walk by and grab something (socks, shirt) and bring it to his crate when i ignore him, or when we're playing with his toys, he'll take them one by one to his crate and leave them there....then come back to me for more....

he'll try to play with trees....fallen down ones...tries to pick them up and run with them....not sure how to break him of that...
[notify]
Heidi

I poop,- therefore I am.

Barked: Thu Nov 15, '07 11:22am PST 
well..not sure if this counts as a GSD quirk, as I think my dog is just somewhat off sometimesbig laugh...
but Heidi is very reactive to other dogs, will bark and have a hissy if she sees one that she can't just go up and have a good ol' butt sniff on..BUT...if her Cuz ball is anywhere in reach, and she sees or hears another dog, instead of having her usual hissy she will just rush over to the ball and start squeaking it like her life depended on it. "I'ts all okay as long as I can squeak my cuz! think happy thoughts! Haha, I have a cuz and you don't!" Honestly I have no idea what goes through her head, but it's funny as heck and sure beats the psycho hissy fit.
Also, if she is allowed into any bathroom, anywhere, she will jump into the bathtub, jump out, jump in again, and then get the zoomies.
[notify]
Arko

Barked: Thu Nov 15, '07 11:57am PST 
bol!!!!! with all the dogs i've had, i've never had one with such a diverse personality....its awesome!!
[notify]

Medea

Ekko~Forever in- our hearts

Barked: Thu Nov 15, '07 3:29pm PST 
OMD! This will be a long thread!

I have told this before, but when Medea was a pup and wanted to play she would bit the sofa cushions. Well after a few K9 holes, I had to stop her from doing that. So then she figured, if I cant bite it I will just open my mouth over it. She would look me right in the eye, and open her mouth over the cushion, and just stay there. All the while I am laughing saying " Dont you dare bite that". She doesnt do it much now, but the other day she wanted me to play and I was reading the paper. When I looked down, guess who was "not biting the cushions". It was so cute, I had to play then.
[notify]
Arko

Barked: Fri Nov 16, '07 7:42am PST 
awww medea thats so cute!!!! with arko and socks...i'll see him find them on the floor...then he looks at me, if he sees me looking at him he will back off and look at the socks like "oh hell no! i'm not going anywhere NEAR those!!! no no no! you told me it was bad and i'm gonna go WAY over here" but if i'm not looking he'll go sniff near them, then get his body in my line of sight so i cant see what he's doing...then grab them and sneak off to his crate....he never chews them, just hoards them
[notify]
King

King

Barked: Fri Nov 16, '07 8:47am PST 
Medea and the sofa cushions is so cute.

King always has to have something in his mouth when he is happy. When he is first let out of his crate after we have been gone he will race to get a toy and prance around barking. One day he couldn't find a toy fast enough and he grabbed a shoe. He looked at me and dropped it like a hot potato and raced off to find a toy. I hadn't even said anything to him about the shoe I was just laughing because it was so cute.
[notify]
Dutch

Hey, Big Dog!

Barked: Fri Nov 16, '07 9:59am PST 
Bacall - sneaking up to goose people in the hiney
Bear (1/2 Shepherd) - sure, put 3 locks on the garbage, I'll still get into it
Murphy - part Siamese cat, always taking, even in her sleep
Dutch - a smile that will light up a room, makes me smile to think of it (go to her page, scroll down to the photo with the red frame, now don't smile - I dare ya.)

Edited by author Fri Nov 16, '07 10:03am PST

[notify]
P.J.

Member of- Frisbeeholics- Anonymous

Barked: Fri Nov 16, '07 10:42am PST 
P.J. totally does the nibbling thing! We call it corn on the cob. She is super ticklish and when we rub her belly or chest her leg starts going and she startes nibbling on whatever is closest to her mouth---her leg, a blanket, even us! It cracks me up every time.
Another thing she does that I love is when she lays down she plops down on the ground so hard and she always, I mean always, lets out this sigh as if she just had the longest, hardest day ever.
[notify]
King

King

Barked: Fri Nov 16, '07 1:26pm PST 
When King was a puppy and got really excited he would run circles around me and run through my legs. He did this up until he was a few months over a year old. I remember the last time he did it very well. He came running up behind me and tried to run through my legs and almost knocked me down. Maddie also likes to go through my legs. She thinks it is a fun game. She will run through my legs and turn around and come back and do it again and repeat until she gets tired.
[notify]
Kisses- 8/6/05-11/16- /11

Mom's Heartdog

Barked: Fri Nov 16, '07 4:12pm PST 
Kisses lives up to her name. She loves to lick, especially my feet. When they slid out from under the covers during the night, I usually wake up with her tongue between my toes. She also nibble my big toenail off. Apparently she thinks it shouldn't be there. laugh out loud
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 35: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]