GO!

Something wierd about my GP, any ideas?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Kaiser

"KAISER" said- with strong- German accent

Barked: Mon Aug 4, '08 8:20pm PST 
I have a GP that is about a year and a half old (was a stray dog that wondered into my buddies firehouse, and now I have him) and have had him since Thanks Giving. He is a good puppy, smart, cute little rascal.
But one thing that has caught my attention, is that when he is out playing and running around at his quick little spazoid pace for several minutes... all of a sudden he just looses his balance/staggers/looks a little loopy/almost as if somebody bopped him on the head with a wiffle-ball bat. Then after about 10-15 seconds he returns back to normal.

I don't think it is a stroke episode, but almost like an epilepsy episode. Any ideas? Thank you!
David
[notify]

Barked: Sat Apr 28, '12 7:22pm PST 
My GP used to do that too. they just get going so much they loose there balance for a minute. Like when you would hold on to the end of a bat stuck in the ground and spin in circles you loose your equilibrium! My Belle just pasted away April 9, 2012. She was the best dog I ever had. she lived 14 years. They can be a very hard dog to control. You have to be very FIRM with them or they will take OVER! NO JOKE!
[notify]