GO!

Do Frenchies 'slobber' a lot?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Coco

Rich in love and- Sweet in heart

Barked: Wed Oct 29, '08 1:50pm PST 
We would like to get a Frenchie someday, but were put off by the amount of slobber my sisters English Bulldog seems to continually manifests. Are Frenchies the same way?
[notify]
Mittens

Barked: Mon Nov 3, '08 6:04am PST 
No we do not drool at all!!!
[notify]
Hannibull- Barka

Obey the- Frenchie

Barked: Sat Nov 8, '08 5:33pm PST 
Most Frenchies rarely drool. However, if you take Clementine to the dog park or anywhere where there are lots of smells, she's been known to get a drool string or two. And if our mom takes out a watermelon to slice, me and Clem get a little drippy around the jowls. Nothing like a Bulldog or Mastiff though.
[notify]

Louis

Louis - king of my- house!

Barked: Sat Nov 22, '08 5:58am PST 
Slobbering, drooling are not the issues, snoring and farting are. Our little guy can clear a room with one toot - impressive for such a small guy!
[notify]
Jimmy Dean

Barked: Tue Dec 9, '08 10:39am PST 
frenchies as far as im concerened do not slobber!
[notify]
Chauncey

I like 2 play- hard eat fast &- sleep lots

Barked: Tue Dec 9, '08 11:59am PST 
Chauncey has never slobbered. Very different breed than English Bulldogs in my opinion- in more ways than one.
[notify]
Stella Blu

Yeah, I fawted - jealous??

Barked: Fri Mar 20, '09 11:19am PST 
Okay so I am a new mama (only had Stella 20 days now...) but she has n-n-never slobbered/drooled once yet. She is a perfect lady. Other than the potty-training issues, bol...
[notify]
Jean Claude

Walking a dog on- a leash brings- me joy!

Barked: Fri Apr 17, '09 2:58pm PST 
We are snorters not droolers. smile
[notify]
Cooper

Woof!

Barked: Mon Apr 27, '09 2:00pm PST 
Hi there! My name is Cooper. I am a very odd frenchie but- I do drool, slobber, snore, and I snort but I call it "talking." Because my owner hates when a park! At night they love me though. I curl up against them and I am very affectionate most of the time. I think it just depends on the dog.
[notify]

Barked: Sun Sep 22, '13 9:40am PST 
My female frenchie, Bailey, is just 5 months old. She soaked the bed one night from drool when she started teething, then produced puddles in her sleep for the whole next day. Then it completely stopped. I was so concerned that I took her to the vet. He said I worry too much. Today we went to the dog park and she was around more dogs than she ever had been before. And she drooled like crazy the whole time!!! Like hanging down dripping and making bubbles. I googled it when we got home and found this thread and wanted to add my 2 cents. She never drools on a day to day basis.
[notify]