GO!

Frenchie Food

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 3 of 4: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  
Lily, CGC,- Ringo, CGC &- Ebi

We are so cute!- Wanna snuggle?

Barked: Fri Aug 29, '08 1:10pm PST 
Ebi and Lily eats Honest Kitchen, Ringo eats raw. I also throw in some home cooked meats for some variety as well.
[notify]
Sparky (Pa- Pas)

Barked: Sun Aug 31, '08 4:22pm PST 
Sparky eats Natures Balence .. grain free and other natures balence and has never had any problems!! He LOVES the Chub they make . If u read the ingedients on dog foods even on some "better Brands"(science diet and Iams...) they are full of fillers... to bad the companys care more for the money then the dogs they are feeding !cloud 9
[notify]
Lola

I'm go crazy for- people.

Barked: Thu Oct 2, '08 9:04pm PST 
I eat the raw diet. Venison, Lamb or Beef.
My vet says I'm the healthiest weight Frenchie she has ever seen.
Switching to the raw diet changed my life I've been so healthy and my dad is so much happier
[notify]

Stinky

*insert fart- noise*

Barked: Wed Dec 10, '08 8:05pm PST 
Hi, Stinky is a frenchy/ boston mix and he has really itchy skin. I noticed a lot of you have itchies also. Is this common in the breed? I've done research on both breeds (and many other breeds as I am doggy obsessed) and I have never come across anything about itchy skin. He has an appointment at the vet to see what it's all about. But i just wanted to know if it was something common...
THANKS!
[notify]
Maggie

Barked: Fri Apr 17, '09 4:27am PST 
We feed our Maggie Orijen Fresh Fish dry dog food. When she was a little pup (she is 13 months old now) we fed her Canidae chicken she love it but we noticed she would bite her paws a lot. We assumed an allergy and started different foods. It was hard to find one without chicken that she liked and that we liked what was in it. Orijen is a great brand but it's a little $$$. She basically only eats that and has had no problems smile
[notify]
Jean Claude

Walking a dog on- a leash brings- me joy!

Barked: Fri Apr 17, '09 2:54pm PST 
Jean Claude eats Merrick wet and dry mixed together. They seem to do better with smaller meals versus bigger ones.
[notify]
ACE

A CLOWN

Barked: Tue Jun 2, '09 9:17pm PST 
I heard from professional breeders that if you want a good healthy dog and it's coat to be shiny and bones to be healthy and for your dog to look healthy and bold and bulgy. The best food out there for a french bulldog is scientific diet, and diamond they sell this brands a petco and pet smart of course you have to exercise your dog that comes with the package. lolhamster dance
[notify]
Mr. Kite "Sumo"

being for the- benefit of mr.- kite.

Barked: Wed Jul 15, '09 7:09pm PST 
sumo was eating science diet and had no problems,
but i switched him to blue buffalo...and still no problems.
he is still young so i will read this forum for future tips
in case!
[notify]
Sophie

Barked: Mon Aug 3, '09 10:55pm PST 
My girl Sophie eats a raw food diet. Thankfully, she doesn't have allergies and loves all the flavors. During the day, we will give her fresh fruit snacks such as apples and bananas. She definitely enjoys those!
[notify]
Chocula

Barked: Sun Aug 16, '09 6:13pm PST 
During his puppy stage we fed him Solid Gold. He loved it but the flatulence was horrible. We switched him to Wellness (still puppy food), and the flatulence was MUCH better, but his stools were softer. Thankfully he has no problems switching from one food to another - we don't need to mix the foods - so we went to the big pet fair in Portland and picked up about 10 sample bags! Most were ok, but there was one that was really good. He seemed to like it better than all the others and he had his most solid stool and no flatulence. BUT I FORGOT TO SAVE THE BAG AND DON'T KNOW THE NAME!!! All I know is it was the only sample of the bunch that was "large bites". All the rest were small bites. Mainly I wasn't paying attention when feeding him the samples because we won a giant 35 lb bag of Purina Pro Plan, his first adult food. Oddly enough, he does pretty well on the Pro Plan. Low flatulence, decent stool density. Not fantastic, but better than his puppy foods. At first he loved it, but he likes variety. He got tired of Solid Gold and Wellness as well. He also got a urinary tract infection while on Pro Plan, but no way of knowing the exact cause. Among adult foods we have also tried Solid Gold with the same "Ultra Uber Flatulence" problem as their puppy food. He cleared a restaurant yesterday. We have also tried Evanger's Low Grain. He does decently on it, and I like the idea of LOW grain rather than NO grain. We plan to experiment more and then likely settle on one brand and rotate the varieties of that brand. I'm still trying to figure out that great sample from the pet fair!
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 4: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4