GO!

Frenchie Food

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Georgie

I Hate Rain

Barked: Wed Mar 7, '07 6:51am PST 
Hey, i'm the first post! Let's hope i get some replies - i was wondering what everyone feeds their frenchies? George has bowel problems, so i'm constantly changing his food to see if i can get him on something that helps (and that he likes) - my next stop is Canidae.
[notify]
Bruno

Brunoski

Barked: Wed Mar 7, '07 7:23am PST 
I've posted on this topic before, but I throw up at least once a week and this is something new for me starting about a month ago. My dad cooks and egg and mixes it with my science diet, small bites. It's pretty much the same thing day after day unless I can get mom to give me a bite (only a bite) of what she's eating. I am just one year old so I hope I'm not getting some allergy, but maybe we just have sensitive tummys.
[notify]
LUCY

I can just snort- my way through- life.

Barked: Wed Mar 7, '07 9:01pm PST 
I have finally settled on giving my Frenchies Innova Evo wet and dry food. It is grain free. The holistic vet I take my dogs to says it is the closest you can get to feeding them raw food. My dogs don't like raw food, so I have settled for this. They seem to like it. I have always been concerned about their diet because both dogs have bad skin allergies. But the only thing that has helped that has been the holistic treatment from their vet.

As far as the throwing up, I had a friend whose Frenchie was having that problem, and it turned out that her dog had an elongated pallette and needed surgery. Does your dog throw up after playing, or just after eating? If I were you, I would have your dog checked out by your vet. Vomitting could also occur if your dog has swallowed a foreign object which can block the stomach. My dog swallowed a squeaky ball.... It can happen.
[notify]

Bison

Smile pretty for- the camera

Barked: Wed Mar 7, '07 10:44pm PST 
I am only 6 month, so far so good and no problems other than the good ol' gas mom loves soooo much..laugh out loud

I eat Chicken Soup for the Pet Loves Soul, Chicken/Lamb mix.
I am lookin' mighty fine if I do say so my self.wink
My mom also gives me NuVet vitamins and will start the Salmon Oil capsules soon.
Gotta watch my figureshh
[notify]
Jacque

I can only go 2- speeds fast, and- faster!

Barked: Sat Mar 10, '07 8:00am PST 
i feed my frenchie jacque Iams,i had him on nutro when i first got him but it gave him really bad gas and dhiarea. He's better now!!
[notify]
Jacque

I can only go 2- speeds fast, and- faster!

Barked: Sat Mar 10, '07 8:01am PST 
i hope i could help!! oh yes and if any of you would like to be in my group just pup mail me or something!! its called frenchies for ever!!

Edited by author Sat Mar 10, '07 8:03am PST

[notify]
Georgie

I Hate Rain

Barked: Mon Mar 12, '07 9:05am PST 
YAY! Thanks for the posts!
Georgie started off on nutro but then we switched chicken soup. When that didn't work we went to science diet. When he turned 1 we switched to royal canine bulldog which he seemed to like a lot and helped with his itching but hasn't helped with his stool or his dry skin. I think i may try canidae, and then inova if that doesn't work.
Yvie doesn't seem to have any problems yet.
[notify]
Moose

I love Flikka!

Barked: Sun Mar 18, '07 4:57pm PST 
We ate Eagle Pack for over a year - all types...now my mommie is rotating with Solid Gold and we LOVE IT!
[notify]
Boo

Carpe Dogem!

Barked: Sat Mar 24, '07 6:12am PST 
When I first got Boo, I fed him Bil-Jac. This gave him terrible gas, which I tried to help by mixing in a spoonful of plain yogurt. That worked really well, and the gas more or less dissapated. He's louder than ever, but at least he's not clearing rooms anymore.

Boo had a problem with vomit, and I brought him to the vet. She put him on Science Diet I/D, which has helped out in that respect. So now, his gas doesn't smell so bad, and he is not vomiting.

He just eats it up, too. He loves his kibble!
[notify]
Bruno

Brunoski

Barked: Thu Mar 29, '07 3:44pm PST 
I have quite throwing up for now. I think I was eating some olive seeds from our neighbor's tree 'cause my dad found them in my barf. No mom won't let me out back where the seeds are. I did this when I was really tiny and the vet said my baby stomach couldn't handle it but it would resolve itself as I got bigger. Well, I'm bigger. 35 pounds of pure Frenchie power.....that is until mom's 4 year old granddaughter came to visit. She wore me out! That has never happened before!
Oh yeah, mom switched me to lamb & rice SD small bites and I'm doing really well.
I hope all you guys are doing splendid. I don't want this thread to end. Keep us posted.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4