GO!

Dogs and Beans

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Brody

The best things- come in little- packages

Barked: Tue Apr 11, '06 9:10pm PST 
Can dogs eat beans? Like kidney or garbonzo or black beans? My mom doesn't eat too much meat so she gets her protein the vegetarian way a lot of times, and I like to beg for food, so we want to know if beans are okay for me. I definitely wouldn't be getting a lot of them. Maybe just one or two a day.
[notify]
Tracker CGC

She has 2- speeds, full- speed and- faster.

Barked: Tue Apr 11, '06 9:13pm PST 
I have looked into this a while ago for someone else and found nothing bad about beans. I did find one argument that beans and broccoli can cause bloat but this was proved incorrect. I say go for it as long as the "everything in moderation" rule is followed.
[notify]
Brody

Barked: Tue Apr 11, '06 9:19pm PST 
Thanks Tracker! I was wondering about the bloat issue. I actually don't like beans too much unless they are covered in something like Ranch dressing or cheese. Yeah, its not the healthiest thing in the world, but I really don't get too much of this stuff.
[notify]

Nadiya

Meanie, Ninny- Nag Na Na

Barked: Tue Apr 11, '06 9:24pm PST 
Na Na can't eat beans she clears the room! I have tried to give all the pups some every once in a while but the aroma of dog gas is just a little to much for us to handle.
[notify]
Pjr - Super Cute- Doggie!

I'M SO CUTE!!

Barked: Tue Apr 11, '06 11:41pm PST 
Beans and Tofu are fine for dogs!

In general, LOAD up the bowl with Pork and Beans! It's one of Pjr's favorites!

NOTE: Like people, some dogs have their *OWN* special dietary needs. Heck, a few years ago, I all of a sudden became very allergic to peanuts. :-P So, don't forget when trying *any* new food with your fur-kid, try it first in small quantities and see if your fur-kid has *any reactions*.

Plus, again like people, dogs can develop special dietary needs over the years.

BTW: One of Pjr's favorite foods is Tofu Pups (brand name)! Pjr loves veggie dogs, veggie "deli slices", veggie burgers, salads (no dressing), and so on. Pjr also loves New England Clam Chowder.
[notify]
Kayla

Ballaholic

Barked: Wed Apr 12, '06 5:47pm PST 
I love garbanzo beans! If my human is eating salad and accidently drops a chickpea, I vacuum it up in lightening speed!
[notify]
Brody

Barked: Wed Apr 12, '06 6:52pm PST 
Thanks everyone!

Kayla - that's funny. I only like them if they have dressing on them! And my mom is glad to know she's not the only one who eats chickpeas on her salad!
[notify]
CASEY the- Super Dog!

Super Dog, Ta- Da!!!!!

Barked: Wed Apr 12, '06 8:36pm PST 
Beans, Yummy!!

*poot - poot*
[notify]