GO!

What to feed chihuahuas?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2  
Addy, CGC

Let's go for a- walk!

Barked: Thu Jan 2, '14 8:34pm PST 
Failure of basic logic, Bellatrix.

Millers and money-motivated BYBs aren't feeding Orijen.
[notify]
Babe

Barked: Sun Jan 5, '14 10:18am PST 
thanks bellatrix i already do what you have mentioned..they are fed seperatly two times a day..i.also have two other dogs..one with SEVERE allergies and is on a specific diet also an older saint bernard whose needs differ from a chi's...and actually no i wouldnt expect people to go on about my breeding progran when it had nothing to.do.with my question actually..maybe since we are all here i could give you some advice on parenting or lets get into your political veiws or religius beliefs? or lets not because that would probably be none of my business?

Abby..thank you for your comment..i am so sick of people assuming you are just pumping out puppi
es as soon as you mention the word breeder!! yes i would like to breed quality, affordable, pet quality pups that are 100% healthy and well adjusted. I have done rescue before and health is my number one priority! I am so tired of hearing the lectures, i havnt even planned any litters yet as i just got my dogs in thevfallvand would like a chance to get to know them and for them to adjust..i have a little female here who physically could have pups but mentally is not ready..she may never be? she has confidence issues..maybe over time she will adjust as i work with her..like i said healthy and well adjusted!

I would.love more info on the home cooking...i have often thought about this for my allergy dog ( who by the way was purchased for breeding and was spayed immediatly without ever having alitter as she is sick). I have had her testedcso we.know what she is allergic to but its very difficult to purchase food for her and she also.struggles with yeast..my question or concern rather would be how do we balance it? any good books,recipes you use? Cutting out all that crap that dog food has in ot seems like an awsome idea! Im assuming you could.make ahead and freeze?

Thanks.everyone!!
[notify]
Ginger

Ready Set GO!

Barked: Sun Jan 5, '14 1:17pm PST 
See the home cooking forum, lots of threads there that should help if you are interested in cooking for your dogs.

Chihuahuas are dogs like any other. They may need more calories and various nutrients per pound of dog than larger dogs but they are still dogs.

Dogaware.com has loads of information and nice book reviews too.
[notify]

Babe

Barked: Sun Jan 5, '14 4:37pm PST 
awsome thanks!
[notify]
Babe

Barked: Sun Jan 5, '14 6:19pm PST 
awsome thanks!
[notify]
Babe

Barked: Sun Jan 5, '14 6:19pm PST 
awsome thanks!