GO!

Wellness or Blue Buffalo?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2  
Daisy Mae

Cute? Yeah,- that's me.

Barked: Sat Jun 15, '13 9:48am PST 
I had Daisy Mae on Blue Wilderness chicken for a few years. She is prone to seasonal allergies and I wanted to make sure to minimize things she might also be allergic too so I switched her to Wellness Simple, grain-free Turkey and potato formula. She did great on the Blue Wilderness and has adjusted well to the wellness. She is still itchy depending in the pollen count, but is less gassy than she was on the Blue Wilderness even though she had been on it for over a year and a half. I think she requires less of the Wellness Simple to feel full, but that could also be the warmer weather. She does not like to eat when it is hot out.
[notify]
Rylee

Rylee

Barked: Sun Jun 16, '13 6:27am PST 
Both are good foods. My puppy was on Wilderness, but it didn't agree with him so he's trying Wellness Super 5 Mix (mixed with his prescription food) . He's on the Whitefish and Sweat Potato - it actually smells like fish and he loves it. I'm giving him a few weeks to adjust because he's got such a sensitive tummy. I also wanted to try Fromm's but it was hard to come by where I lived. Another one that people seem to like and recommend is Taste of the Wild. Each pet is different, but those are two good foods on the market.
[notify]
Stiles- Winslow- Taylor

Barked: Sat Nov 30, '13 12:33pm PST 
Wow, thank you everyone for your responses! smile As of right now he's on the Blue Buffalo brand (which he absolutely loves lol!) but he also has treats from Wellness which he is crazy for.

Thanks again everybody!

B.
[notify]

Barked: Tue Dec 24, '13 1:27pm PST 
They are both really good foods! Like another poster suggested check out dogfoodadvisor.com and prices in your area.

One problem I had was with Wilderness - my puppy has some digestive issues and can't consume the high amounts of protein for some reason. He's on Wellness Simple because its a limited ingredient food. If you feed SD and had no issues then either food will be fine.
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Wed Dec 25, '13 7:28am PST 
bump
[notify]
Lily

Whose bed?? Why- would YOU think- that?

Barked: Wed Dec 25, '13 4:42pm PST 
The bag of TOTW Venison and Bison in my laundry room has 32% protein. My dogs do better on TOTW than they do on anything from Blue Buffalo. Wellness Core priced itself out my my price range and I couldn't see any difference when the dogs were on it. I rotate the TOTW flavors (making sure my itchy girl has the salmon one in late summer) with some Canidae ALS thrown in. I like an occasional bag of grained food so the dogs don't become sensitive to potatoes.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2