GO!

Anyone else sick of the food reps?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '13 5:34pm PST 
smileapplause yep
[notify]
Jasper

High-flyin' Pup!

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '13 6:41pm PST 
Most of the reps that come into my store are great, but our local Canidae rep is obnoxious! Push push push nag nag nag and let's rearrange the entire store so MY food had a better spot! He's so annoying to the other managers in my chain that I decided not to carry the food in my store so I wouldn't have to put up with him! We have plenty of other high-end options whose reps are great pals with all of the managers in my chain.

I also dropped Nutro almost entirely becuse of rep issues. Our former Nutro rep used to come by every two weeks with a box of cookies for the staff and coupons/brochures/whatnot for the customers. He'd hang out for half an hour chatting with the staff, checking out the product, and making sure everything was in order. I carried a lot more Nutro than I really wanted to just because he was awesome. He was laid off a couple of years ago and our new Nutro rep has come into my store exactly ONCE. In two years. I dumped Nutro Max, Nutro Ultra, and all of the canned food and I just carry a tiny amount of Natural Choice, which I also plan to dump eventually.

The point of my ramble was that sales reps can really make or break a food, and the retailer is often just as annoyed by the obnoxious reps as the customer.
[notify]
Baby

What'd you say?- I wasn't- listening.

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '13 7:07pm PST 
Creepy Bil Jac man tried to tell me my dog didn't have severe chicken allergies and to ignore everything I know about dog foods. Creepy Bil Jac man then grabbed a bag of food from his line without me asking and he put it in my cart and pushed me toward the check out line...

Definitely the creepiest rep ever.

I love one of the blue buffalo reps but he knows not to try and sell me anything, one of the three blue reps I know, knows absolutely nothing about dietary needs and the other is just kind of blah.

I'm very fond of the nutro rep I met, she seems to really know her stuff and is authenticate with her nutro happiness.

I don't know why science diet even bothers with reps but I've only seen them, not spoken.
[notify]

Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '13 10:48pm PST 
I've never actually seen a pet food rep...even when I lived in a much larger town.... thinking
[notify]
Zoe

The- Schnauzinator

Barked: Mon Feb 18, '13 7:30am PST 
If a rep tries to convince me how great their food is, I'll just do the whole 'point behind them and say "Look, a flying squirrel!"' routine and run off. Chances are I've already checked out their brand and found it to be less than high-quality anyway laugh out loud

Relating to this topic, I once met this employee at Petsmart who kept insisting that my dog was fat (she wasn't). It took me about 10 minutes to finally escape from her, as after calling my dog fat she started going on about what and how much I should be feeding her, telling me I probabaly wasn't excercizing her enough, etc. Apparently she thought she knew more than my vet, who not more than a week before had seen her for a checkup and said she was in great condition.
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Mon Feb 18, '13 10:44am PST 
I don't think I've ever seen one in person either, and I live in a densely populated area. I'm sure they must be around, I must have just had the good fortune never to run into one.

Definitely seen the ones who do it here though. Lots of times it's a guest account. No matter what the dog's issue is, "*Insert brand* is perfect for your dog!", in every one of their post.
[notify]
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Mon Feb 18, '13 1:30pm PST 
One of my friends used to be a food rep just for some extra cash and she quit because another food rep of another brand was so horrible she couldn't stand it anymore.

I haven't really had bad experiences with a rep. If I seemed interested in their food, they would tell me about it and offer samples and/or coupons and that's it. They never asked what I fed or were pushy. Although the BilJac table with their sinking kibble demonstration annoys the crud out of me. It's just the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.

Edited by author Mon Feb 18, '13 1:37pm PST

[notify]
Rest in- Paradise- Voltaire.- 1/1

Did somebody say- deer??

Barked: Mon Feb 18, '13 1:43pm PST 
Ok I'll be the DA....

They are doing what they are paid to do. Blue Buffalo pays their reps a very good chunk of change and I've put in my application there before because of it. I also feed foods around the same quality and lower (gasp!) than Blue Buffalo anyway. So have no problem talking pet owners that may be unaware into getting their dog off the pet store krapple like Pedigree and Beneful.
[notify]
Mulder

Spooky Mulder

Barked: Mon Feb 18, '13 2:06pm PST 
Once again, my complaint is generally with the ones on Dogster, and the general lack of ethics in posing as anonymous or using your dog as an avatar to push products.

Again, rarely even run into reps at stores. They don't really bothers me as much.
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Mon Feb 18, '13 2:32pm PST 
The part I hate most on here is that if you DO question something about their product, such as preservatives used, or type of meal or something, if it is NOT desirable or better foods don't have it, they just totally ignore your question, hiding their head in the sand.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3