GO!

What to feed a pup with diarrhea?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
Sausage

feed me

Barked: Mon Jan 21, '13 9:44am PST 
Fast for a day, then small amounts of over-boiled rice and chicken with water and fermented milk, or plain unsweetened yoghurt.
[notify]
Sparkles

Wait for me!!

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 6:06am PST 
Sparkles had this problem for the first few months she lived with us. We'd switch her food, her stools would firm up, then get lose again. We eventually realized that she's gain sensitive and allergic to poultry. Does your puppy seem itchy? Mostly paws and face? If so, I'd try switching to a food that's either fish based or limited ingredient. Good luck.
[notify]
Tiara

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 10:32am PST 
I was thinking maybe you may want to look for a puppy food with a limited ingredient formula. Maybe the other food is just to rich for the puppy.
[notify]

Barked: Thu Jan 24, '13 11:27pm PST 
If you really want to be sure, you can ask your vet what food he can suggest would be good for a puppy with diarrhea, though. Just to be safe. Anyway, what may work for our dogs may not work for yours.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2