GO!

NRG dehydrated foods?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Mulder

Spooky Mulder

Barked: Thu Nov 29, '12 7:50am PST 
http://www.nrgdogproducts.com/index.php

Anyone heard of/used them before?

Stumbled on them by accident, and I'm really curious about them... they actually have a fish formula that ISN'T stupidly low in fat! shock And a bison option!

And all of them seem to have low overall cal/phos, which is really nice, seeing as most all of the THK's lines are higher than I would like for Ridley (who is eating about 80% raw now anyway, so its not AS big of a concern, but if I can get it lower that'd make me happy).

Just curious if anyone's used it before!

ETA- holy cow the "Optimum" salmon one is 600 cals/cup... that's amazing. 2 cups would meet Mulder's total calorie intake for day... that's the least I've ever seen recommended in a dehydrated food!

Edited by author Thu Nov 29, '12 7:57am PST

[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Thu Nov 29, '12 11:44am PST 
Never used this before seen it on some dog food shop sites.. Looks good.. Pricey though. Coarse honest kitchen or ziwipeak are pricey too..

Maybe give it a try.

Stores near me doesn't have much in options for kibble or dehydrated.

Looks good ingredient wise.. I might get small thing of salmon to try someday in future would be good for camping or traveling.

Saya is small so she wouldn't eat much.

Edited by author Thu Nov 29, '12 11:49am PST

[notify]
Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Barked: Thu Nov 29, '12 12:06pm PST 
We ended up with a sample of it years ago to try out on the cats. Both cats said no. laugh out loud But that's no surprise with these two...

I've looked into a few time since then, but it's way out of my price range...even for very occasional use.
[notify]

Farley

Farlekiin the- Dragonborn

Barked: Thu Nov 29, '12 2:32pm PST 
Looks about 2-3x pricier per pound than what I pay for raw now, even at the bulk order price. But it looks like really awesome stuff. If you don't mind the price, give it a go. way to go
[notify]
Mulder

Spooky Mulder

Barked: Thu Nov 29, '12 5:01pm PST 
Its pretty pricey... but honestly, not too much more than the Honest Kitchen, considering its 100 calories more per cup.

The last THK I bought was Embark... which is about $2.15/lb. The salmon one of this would be $2.61/lb, and is nearly 110 more calories a cup. Plus fish/better cal/phos ratio.

Meh, yeah, still kinda pricey. Might be worth it to try a 2lb bag and see if its worth the cost thinking
[notify]
Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 11:05pm PST 
I looked into it when I was looking for a low carb food, it looked good and I liked the high calories, compared to Honest Kitchen it seems a good option. I ended up not using it IIRC because we had to take Bianca off raw.
[notify]