GO!

What is your favorite Pet Shop

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '12 9:46am PST 
I work at a Petco but I honestly rarely shop there unless something is on clearance. I prefer to give my money to smaller shops as they have a better selection of high quality foods and treats. My favorites are Wylie Waggs and Felix & Oscar.
[notify]
Rastas

Razzle Dazzle-

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '12 5:04pm PST 
We have a shop in town called Holistic Pets, I love PetSmart and PetCo too...and any store that appreciates and respects my service animal like my local Kmart and Home Depot!
[notify]
Cricket

Barked: Sat Jan 12, '13 8:31pm PST 
I always go to Petsmart for things I need. That is also where I take Cricket to the vet in their Banfield pet hospital located inside the store.
[notify]

Jasper

High-flyin' Pup!

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 12:52am PST 
Mine! I manage a locally owned feed store. We do NOT sell animals, and we specialize in higher end foods. I am working on slowly phasing out the remaining low end foods and replacing them with better stuff. It's a fun place to work, and I'm proud of our selection!
[notify]
Peter Parker

Peace, Love &- Dachshunds

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 11:00am PST 
FiFi & Fido's and now a new store called Woofgang. Woofgang sells Ziwi Peak so now I don't have to drive to Austin or order it online anymore.cheer
I go to PetCo and PetsMart still for the toysbig grin so if I see a healthy snack on sale there I will buy it.
[notify]
Hucky and- Ringo

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 12:04pm PST 
Was dogster around in 1969???
[notify]
Charlie

Turd Burglar

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 4:51pm PST 
Here in Canada, I really like Global Pet Foods.
[notify]
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 6:34pm PST 
Pet Planet, PetSmart(for supplies, not food), J&J Reptiles(perfect place to get my reptile stuff. ;D), and on occasion, Pisces Pet Emporium(they stopped selling puppies and kittens, but they still do a lot that I disagree with. That said, they're a private owned place and I get my dog food there.)
[notify]
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 7:38pm PST 
Old thread, but oh well.shh

I don't like any of the 'mom & pop' type stores in the area I live...just not the best quality (small and cramped, doesn't have very good/wide selection, are pricey, and...oh...they sell obviously puppy-mill type pups and kittens...as well as rabbits, chinchillas in a cage not meant for them, other small animals, etc). There is only one pet store in my town left; one got shut down (I believe the animals were kept in bad conditions), and one either moved or closed after the building next to it caught on fire and had to be razed.

Tractor Supply is my main go-to store for everything in general. When I go to a bigger city, I usually stop at PetSmart for special treats and stuff.puppy
[notify]
Josh

Smiling Westie- Boy

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 3:49pm PST 
There is a Petco very close to our house so that is where we usually go. I am starting to like it more because they are cutting back on the animals they are selling (no more birds!) and have instead started promoting cats for adoption. I used to go to a two other pet stores near our house, Land of Paws & Waldo Pets, but I stopped because they both sold puppy mill puppies (Josh was actually purchased from Paws by my grandfather which explains a lot). Waldo Pets was also kind of gross and a bit run down, and the employees at Paws were so snobby & rude.

Recently I found a great new store that I totally love! It was started by a lady and her two rescue dogs, and every food she sells is is super healthy and she also bakes her own treats right in the shop! Nicest lady too, really knows her stuff. And they don't sell puppies which is always a plus for me.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3