GO!

Grillerz Beefy Rib Bone??

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Kally

I caught a- squirrel once...

Barked: Sat Aug 18, '12 1:49pm PST 
Hi all,

I'm trying to start buying my pups healthier chews and treats. I'm no longer giving them rawhides after reading a lot about the dangers. They love bully sticks. Got them an elk antler and they don't seem to care for it. Same for Himalayan dog chews.

I saw pig ears and Grillerz brand "Beefy Rib Bones" at Tractor Supply today. Just wondering if anyone has experience with these and if they are good chews for dogs??

Thanks smile
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Sat Aug 18, '12 6:54pm PST 
Just googled them, $2.50 each? Around here I can get fresh raw beef ribs for $2 a pound and that one probably would weigh 8 ounces if raw. Expensive compared to fresh bones.

Cooked bones are brittle compared to raw. I saw Sassy demolish a whole cooked rib bone in her heyday so they are soft enough to break up and swallow in chunks. Not a safe chew for many dogs.

I wouldn't give them. Go to the grocery store and buy a rack of BBQ beef ribs, cut one off and let your dog go to town outside or on a towel inside. You can pick it up and save for another chew session if you like too. I didn't like the dogs trying to break them up and would take them away once all the soft stuff was off the bone. The meat on 2 of those is enough food for 38 pound Max for a whole day so you might consider cutting back on dinner if lots of meat is taken off.
[notify]
Barney,- friend of- Lennox

Bad to the Bone

Barked: Sun Aug 19, '12 7:25am PST 
We get rib bones just as Maxwell described! They are a great chew!
[notify]

Ellie CGC

Born to be Wild

Barked: Sun Aug 19, '12 7:28am PST 
I nosed around on the internet kinda quick...where are those made? I guess you have to actually read the package to find that out sometimes...bol...
[notify]
Kally

I caught a- squirrel once...

Barked: Mon Aug 20, '12 6:30am PST 
Thanks for the tips! The package says they are made in the USA smile I had already bought one but haven't given it yet. If I do give it, I'm thinking I would watch her eat it and keep her from eating the actual bone?? Thanks for the suggestions on how to make my own!!
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Mon Aug 20, '12 10:30pm PST 
Sure..

Saya my 20-21lb shiba loves raw beef ribs gives her a good work out getting the meat off the bone.
[notify]