GO!

blue buffalo being bought by purina

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Topic closed to new posts.
(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 29)  
1  2  3  
Luke

Proud to serve

Barked: Thu Jun 21, '12 6:47am PST 
I'm with you Addie, we feed Champion products (Orijen and Acana). Yep, I pay more than average for a bag of kibble, but I know my dog is getting quality food. Considering what I spend to feed the human portion of the household, I certainly cannot begrudge the cost of Orijen for my dog. He's family too, and I would never dream of sitting down with a big fat steak on my plate and handing my husband a plate of leftover "meat" bits and GMO corn and saying "There is dinner for you dear!" So I certainly won't do that to my dog.
[notify]
Mya

Barked: Fri Jun 22, '12 12:03am PST 
You are right Chance as I talked to a friend of mine who is a Blue Buffalo demo rep and she said she knew nothing about the possible sale and she is telling the truth as she does not lie. The lower end of the totem poles in companies don't usually hear it until the deed is done. Will be interesting to see what happens.
[notify]
Ellie

I am a pretty,- pretty princess.- Feed me

Barked: Fri Jun 22, '12 3:11pm PST 
Well, I was debating switching Ellie over to either Blue Buffalo or Wellness when he puppy food runs out. I suppose I should go with Wellness instead of having to do the switch twice.
[notify]

Bruno

Always by your- side, no matter- where!

Barked: Fri Jun 22, '12 4:51pm PST 
Ya know, it is tiring. I won't jump ship unless it actually does happen, I'm actually pretty happy with BB Wilderness. But if you google "blue buffalo bought out" You can see several other places someone had a "friend" who was in the business that said P&G was buying out BB a few yrs ago.
It just seems funny that everyone always has a "friend that is high up with secret info" but never any information to back it up.

I think a lot of people are just scared because Innova really did end up getting bought out not too long ago.
[notify]
Ellie

Barked: Fri Jun 22, '12 4:58pm PST 
Point made. My pup will be on puppy food for another five months or so, so I'll have plenty of time to make a decision. Wellness is cheaper per pound in my area anyway, but I think I'll put her on BB puppy when I hit the bottom of her bag of Nutro.

I should know better than to hop on bandwagons. red face
[notify]
Mulder

Spooky Mulder

Barked: Fri Jun 22, '12 5:42pm PST 
That wasn't directed at you btw Ellie... if you can get Wellness cheaper, go for it, its just as good of a food as Blue is.

I just found it slightly bemusing that people who are currently feeding it and are happy with it, suddenly decide to switch because of some random post here, and before ANY information has been released.

Come on guys, don't be so trigger happy. Yeah buyouts happen and they suck, and I don't blame a single person for being upset with them or no longer wanting to feed those brands.

But nothings even happened yet. NO verifiable information has been released/discovered.

Crappy reps from rival companies do junk like this all the time. People need to check their sources before they freak out.
[notify]
Ellie

Barked: Fri Jun 22, '12 6:01pm PST 
I know it wasn't in reply to me, but your point was still valid. There is no reason to demonize a well-respected brand based on rumors.
[notify]
Josephine

Yeah, I can do- that, but I- won't!

Barked: Mon Jun 25, '12 8:36am PST 
I closed the thread.. It's interesting news, but since there is no confirmation, I think we should wait and not share those rumors.
Happy day, sonja and the girls
Dogster HQ

Barked: Mon Jun 25, '12 8:33am PST 
Hi,

We have closed this thread. Threads can be closed temporarily or permanently for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common reasons are: the thread has gone off topic; the thread is not in the 'spirit' of Dogster; the thread is no longer fun, friendly or informational; the thread has been discussed at length in other threads; or we cannot provide adequate moderation at this time.

Please let HQ know if you have any questions.

HQ

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 29)  
1  2  3