GO!

Petco commercial

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Topic closed to new posts.
(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Fri Mar 4, '11 6:35pm PST 
They should really have more regulations on advertising. These foods are highly nutritious? Really? This is horrible.

Video
[notify]
Maxwell Smart

The dog park toy- thief!

Barked: Fri Mar 4, '11 10:42pm PST 
"Nutritious" for whom?
[notify]
MACH, C-ATCH- Bailey RN,- CGCA

Is today agility- day??

Barked: Sat Mar 5, '11 5:44am PST 
I'd heard about their new certified nutrition program promoting healthy foods. I really wish that they would use it to educate people about what to look for in a food. The categories in their Certified Checklist are vage and confusing.
[notify]

Ava

Super Friendly- Aviator

Barked: Sat Mar 5, '11 6:50am PST 
Jeez...! When I quit Petco almost 1 year ago, they were pressing brands like Natural Balance, Wellness, Nature's Recipe, Organix, and Blue... what the heck happened!? I thought they were going to continue down that road, especially when I noticed they got Merrick in, but obviously I was wrong.

Glad I quit when I did.

Edited by author Sat Mar 5, '11 6:51am PST

[notify]
Crash- Dynamite

Live up to your- Name!

Barked: Sat Mar 5, '11 10:29am PST 
I just saw that on TV last night. Almost made me physically sick.
[notify]
Sally Beaker-

Professional- Bone Horder

Barked: Sat Mar 5, '11 10:36am PST 
Wow. I wonder how much those brands paid Petco to advertise. :/

I'm not gonna lie though, I'm currently feeding my pack PurinaOne Senstive Systems until we can get back on our feet financially to give them TOTW. Four dogs eating twice a day at a 1 1/2 cup each goes pretty fast.

Edited by moderator Tue Mar 8, '11 10:53am PST

Edited by forums moderator
Zena

PLAY LOTS...Eat- Well...Live Well-

Barked: Sun Mar 6, '11 11:28am PST 
Didn't watch the commercial, but I can imagine...

Received an e-mail w/free ship for $40+ (anniversary sale) and ordered $400 in dog food (4 bags of Core--reduced & regular at prices lower than I've seen in-store; wellness/merrick cases of canned...also the first time Wellness shipped free though I see they've stopped that)...received the cans and the rest of the dry food should come Monday, however, they messed up AGAIN and sent me (and my three dogs) Science Diet dry Cat Food---extra fiber for Hairball formula-----------ughhhhhhh! They mess up every other order of mine and their c/s (phone) is a big JOKE!!!!!! You would not believe their attitude--- GRRRRRRRR... sorry for the temporary hi-jack----I just saw PetCo in the subject line and had to vent.

I usually support my local independent, but I think I'm the only customer who purchases Core and so their bags are months old whereas PetCo has current (within one month). Hope to find somewhere to purchase fresh other than PetCo---although they carry some great (so far) brands, imho, they can't "certify" (referring to their new nutrition certification) the majority of the crap on their shelves.
[notify]
Seth

Barked: Sun Mar 6, '11 4:13pm PST 
WHy do they push it, because people buy it. They are there to make money and if they can get people to come in and buy food, they hope they will spend money on other things like dog toys and beds or even grooming. And since I am sure iams gave them a special deal to advertise the food, they put it on the commercial. The stores really do not make that much on hard food, they make the money on the other things they sell. Working in retail for over 20 years I Haved learned alot about how deals like this work. And no, I would never buy Iams
[notify]
Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Sun Mar 6, '11 8:54pm PST 
I honestly don't mind them carrying brands like beneful. And I don't mind them advertising it. I DO mind them calling it nutritious, eluding to it being healthy, and advertising it as such and hinting at all of this research they've supposedly done.

I guess since they're calling it "nutritious" they're being truthful and can get away with it. The food technically has nutrition or it wouldn't be food. I think someone should call in and ask them what their certified petco nutrition checklist consists of...
[notify]
MACH, C-ATCH- Bailey RN,- CGCA

Is today agility- day??

Barked: Mon Mar 7, '11 5:38am PST 
I posted a link to the checklist in my earlier post, Sanka. Of course I have no idea how to interpret it. It seems that the grocery store brands will go into the "essential nutrition" category, and the other brands will be split between the other 2 categories depending on how they interpret the criteria. I wish they would rate the foods along the lines of how dog food analysis/dog food advisor do so customers have a better understanding of the quality of the food. Of course, I'm sure the big name companies wouldn't allow that to happen.
[notify]
(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2