GO!

can dogs eat sweet potatoe skins

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Adam

Vaccine free- -Disease free- goes pawinpaw

Barked: Wed Dec 1, '10 1:00pm PST 
I was just in the fridge and realized I still have a really huge container of sweet potatoe skins...oops. They're 2 days old, my church made a dinner for senior citizens and at first we were going to serve the skins on so we scrubbed them and washed them. But then some people said they'd give people trouble chewing so we peeled off the skins and made casserole instead and I saved them for the dogs haha!! Then I wasn't sure if they should be fed, I got mixed feedback on it. Can I give them a meal of sweet potatoe skins with some meat? Any nutrients for dogs in the skin, that's the only reason why I would?
[notify]
Ginger- M.I.A.

my first and- finest

Barked: Wed Dec 1, '10 6:01pm PST 
Skins should have the same nutrients plus some extra fiber as compared to whole sweet potatoes. I say go ahead if the dogs will eat them.
[notify]
Mackenzie- CGC TDI DSA

Why sit when you- can lie down?

Barked: Wed Dec 15, '10 11:11pm PST 
You certainly can feed the skins! They're packed with nutrients. You could also try drying them out in an oven or dehydrator and using them as treats/chews.
[notify]

Titan

snugglesaurus- rex

Barked: Thu Dec 16, '10 3:11am PST 
oooooh i never thought about feeding those kinds of "scraps" to my dog! woohoo, cheap snackies that he'll eat! dancing
[notify]