GO!

Good Quality, Low Cost Dog Food

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  
Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Thu Dec 2, '10 9:55am PST 
My dog is eating Chicken Soup for the Pet Lovers Soul. The grains in this food are cracked pearled barely, whole grain brown rice, oatmeal, millet and white rice. No corn or brewers rice. This food sure beats the food purina makes and Iams. I pay the same amount of money for it. I buy it at a health food store.

My dog does good on this food. It's made by the same company as Taste of the Wild. I feed TOTW too, but have been saving a few bucks with the CSFTPLS. I usually rotate but have been feeding this food the last 2 bags.

Edited by moderator Mon Apr 22, '13 12:23pm PST

Edited by forums moderator
Ellie

Barked: Fri Apr 19, '13 3:00pm PST 
I have been researching..... I have found that Authority (at petsmart) is really good for its price ($35 for 30 lb bag). Diamond naturals is also great and has high quality protein. Check out dogfoodadvisor.com to get the breakdown and rating of dog foods. You can get a 40 lb bag usually under $40. For some reason, I can't find it in my area anymore and have gone back to Authority until I can find something else
[notify]
Laverne- Marie

Therapy Dog- Superstar!!

Barked: Sat Apr 20, '13 10:51am PST 
Tractor Supply has 4Health and they now have a grain free formula (not made by Diamond, made by Ainsworth) that looks decent and is a great price. Their 4Health canned is good, too, and is .99 cents a can. TOTW has decent canned food, too. Also, I noticed a new grain free food by Rachel Ray at WalMart that looks good (made by Ainsworth). I agree Whole Earth Farms, Earthborn, TOTW, Nutrisource, Fromm Classics are all decent looking foods for the money. There may be more, but these just came to mind.
[notify]

Turk

Il mio coure el- il tuo per- sempre!

Barked: Sat Apr 20, '13 11:31am PST 
Black Gold (Normally I wont recommend but they are starting to really shape up!) has a grain free lamb and rice.. Turk loves it, and Scarlett has been on it since I got her, but im beginning to think I should have her on a puppy food and switch her when shes older
[notify]
Lucy Belle

The Pogo Stick

Barked: Mon Apr 22, '13 12:00pm PST 
My 3 eat Earthborn Holistic. We pay $37.99 for 28 pounds, but EH sends $3 coupons each month, so it is always cheaper than that. My mom feeds her dogs Victor, which is $28 for 40 pounds. It's a great food, but my BT is allergic to chicken and beef, so Victor is not an option for me. Neither EH or Victor have been recalled.
[notify]
Hazel

Spoiled Little- Girl

Barked: Tue Apr 23, '13 9:48pm PST 
Chicken soup for the dog lovers soul is a very nice low cost food. I used to feed Hazel the wet food when she was younger. I feed her Merrick now, and that is only because she eats like a bird and is only around 6lbs, so a 5 lbs bag of food goes a long way.

But my second choice was the chicken soup, I have heard nothing but good things.
[notify]
Conker

OBEY ME!

Barked: Wed Apr 24, '13 3:55am PST 
My mutts used to get Taste of the Wild. They did pretty good on that kibble. I was quite satisfied with it. They now get Diamond Naturals. It's not as good as Taste of the wild, but is still a LOT better than a bunch of other kibbles out there.
I can get Taste of the Wild for $41 per 30 pound bag. Diamond Naturals goes for around $30 (or less) for a 40 pound bag. Diamond Naturals Extreme Athlete (my dogs do best on this one) is $35 a 40 pound bag.
[notify]

Barked: Fri Apr 26, '13 12:02am PST 
First i want known your Bugget.then i will give right suggestion. also as good food u purchase in market. normally eat a food in home food that better option.an biscuit.bred,chapati.and egg more is thinks u can made in home eat own dog......
[url=http://www.ezdia.com/epad/water-filter-reviews-information-wa ter-filter-system/6864/ ] WATER FILTER REVIEWS AND INFORMATION [/url]
[notify]

Barked: Fri Apr 26, '13 12:02am PST 
First i want known your Bugget.then i will give right suggestion. also as good food u purchase in market. normally eat a food in home food that better option.an biscuit.bred,chapati.and egg more is thinks u can made in home eat own dog......
[url=http://www.ezdia.com/epad/water-filter-reviews-information-wa ter-filter-system/6864/ ] WATER FILTER REVIEWS AND INFORMATION [/url]
[notify]
Clyde

Ice cubes? YES- PLEASE!

Barked: Fri Apr 26, '13 12:27pm PST 
We've found Authority, Diamond Naturals, Iams Healthy Naturals and Pro-Pac to be decent low-cost foods. My personal favorite is the Iams Healthy Naturals because the ingredients seem to be roughly the same quality as the others, and to top it off, it is by an old company with a big reputation to defend. As far as I am aware, Iams is really good about quality control/food safety recalls compared to other companies so I was excited to finally see them making a line of reasonably good food.
dog
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3