GO!

How long do bully sticks last?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Kitsune

Divide and- cuddle!!

Barked: Sat Oct 10, '09 10:55am PST 
Hi wave

I'm ordering Kit a bag of food online and would like to order him some bully sticks to try.

I've never gotten them before and wanted to know, how long does one generally last? I'm trying to decide how many I should order him and I wasn't sure if it's a type of chew that would just last him a little while or if it would take him some time to eat one? Like more than a day, or would it be gone in an hour? I have no idea since I've never gotten them before!

Thanks!
[notify]
Kady

Born to Sniff

Barked: Sat Oct 10, '09 11:54am PST 
Kady gets 1 or 2 bullies a week - one as a reward for not attacking the vacuum on Saturdays while I'm cleaning, and she occasionally gets one as a mid-week treat. The only other chewie treat she gets is Sam's Yams Sweet Potato Rawhide. She gets maybe 2 a week and they last her about 10 minutes. I buy the 6" braided bully and it lasts her around 30-45 minutes. You're a little cutie and bullies will probably last you much longer.
[notify]
Zoey

cutest cuddlebug

Barked: Sat Oct 10, '09 12:01pm PST 
A braided bully stick lasts Zoey about a week. The non-braded ones last her a day or two. She's not a big chewer though.
[notify]

Lilith

I'm a trilingual- dog!

Barked: Sat Oct 10, '09 12:22pm PST 
Depends how big the dog is I guess, lol.. Bully sticks last about 1.5 weeks here for the small dogs who work on it religiously everyday, but about 25 minutes for Lantis.
[notify]
Kitsune

Divide and- cuddle!!

Barked: Sat Oct 10, '09 12:45pm PST 
Thanks for the replies.

Kit is on the small side, he's about 12 lbs and he's a moderate chewer I'd say. If he has something better to do then he'll do that instead, but when no one is playing with him he likes to chew to keep himself busy.
[notify]
Nabi

~~~Like a- butterfly in the- wind~~~

Barked: Sat Oct 10, '09 12:55pm PST 
This is good information to know since I was thinking of ordering Nabi some bully sticks as well.

Hey Kit, where do you order from?

Edited by author Sat Oct 10, '09 12:56pm PST

[notify]
Farley

Farlekiin the- Dragonborn

Barked: Sat Oct 10, '09 1:00pm PST 
Hey! a 70 lb power chewer here! A 12" bully stick will last me about half an hour. I go through them like they're going out of style! But you're a smaller one, and a moderate chewer, so they should last quite a while for you! You will love bully sticks.
[notify]
Camus

Barked: Sat Oct 10, '09 5:34pm PST 
Both my dogs can eat a 6 inch bully stick in 10 - 15 minutes. I've since ordered the thick ones and they last a half hour or sosmile I have bigger dogs though and they both love to chew!
[notify]
Mrs troublemaker

Barked: Sat Oct 10, '09 6:23pm PST 
I got a 6 inch one and it lasted about 10 minutes, but my dog chews everything! nothing lasts for her laugh out loud
[notify]
Sophie

Its Sophie's- world, we just- live in it

Barked: Sat Oct 10, '09 6:38pm PST 
I keep ours in the freezer. It seems to add a little extra chew time. Sophies last about an 1-1/2-2 hours (the thick 12 inch ones).
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3