GO!

is egg yolk bad for dogs?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Pookie

MORE FOOD- PLEASE!!!

Barked: Mon Mar 24, '08 10:53am PST 
My boyfriend insists that I don't give the dogs egg yolks. Should I just give them the white part?
[notify]
Buddy- Doughnut- *CGC*ESA*

I\'m Jelly- Filled! *Gone- But Not Forgote

Barked: Mon Mar 24, '08 10:55am PST 
You can give her the whole thing! Even the shell! It makes there coat nice and shiny and healthy.
[notify]
Louie

Lou Boo

Barked: Mon Mar 24, '08 11:14am PST 
To much will of course hurt you. I get a raw egg once and a while and once is fine for me even though Im a mooselaugh out loudBOL
You could even give it to them once a day, but 3 or 5 times a day is way to much and could make them sick. But yeah it does help our skin & coat become more "pertty" and healthier.cloud 9
HmmmthinkingI have never herd that we could eat the shell to!puppy Pawsome! Thanks Buddy for the new info.way to go
[notify]

Taser

Really!! I'm a- Lap Dog!!

Barked: Mon Mar 24, '08 12:05pm PST 
Nope, nothing wrong with egg yolks but DO NOT FEED RAW!!!!

Raw eggs can carry salmonella!!!! Hard boil the eggs before you give them to the dog and your dog will still get the same benefits for their skin and coat.

Taser
[notify]
Karl Pierre

Oh my. Where did- all this hair- come from

Barked: Mon Mar 24, '08 12:33pm PST 
The main danger of eating raw eggs is Salmonelosis. The USDA states that only 0.003 % of eggs are infected of the 69 Billion eggs produced annually are infected with a high bacterial load of salmonella. In addition, due to the dog's short digestive tract, bacteria do not stay long enough to multiply, thus dog's rarely suffer from foodborne illnesses. Many people here feed raw eggs, including us. In fact we feed completely raw at least once a day and two of our dogs only eat raw. You'll be just fine eating raw eggs.
[notify]
Karl Pierre

Oh my. Where did- all this hair- come from

Barked: Mon Mar 24, '08 12:37pm PST 
As a side note if you search the raw forum or do just a search in general you'll find a lot of info about eggs. Many have no problem feeding raw. There are some who do cook and that is good also, but there isn't a problem with them eating raw egg.
[notify]
Sedona

The Wise Cracker

Barked: Mon Mar 24, '08 1:26pm PST 
If your dog is healthy you can feed raw eggs.
[notify]
♥Cade- nce

Springers jump- for joy.

Barked: Mon Mar 24, '08 2:02pm PST 
No it is not bad. I give my dogs a fish omlette every night.
[notify]
☮Ch@ch1(8.17.97 -3.5.08

rest in peace

Barked: Mon Mar 24, '08 2:35pm PST 
There are pasteurized raw eggs that won't have salmonella at most grocery stores. Check the packaging.
[notify]
Gunner

I solemnly swear- that I am up to- no good

Barked: Mon Mar 24, '08 2:38pm PST 
I feed Gunner a raw egg 3 times a week, and he isn't affected by any type of bacteria, and nobody else in my household is either.

If your dog is in good health (healthy weight, no life threatening diseases or complications), then your dog will do fine with a raw egg once or twice a week.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2