GO!

Eukanuba, Vitality or Beef Pro?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Fudge The- Pug

Fudge- Eating Machine- Pug!

Barked: Wed Oct 24, '07 1:00am PST 
these are the only puppy kibbles that is available in my location... which amongst these would you recommend for my Pug puppy, 5 months old. Sheds heavily!
[notify]
~ PD ~

They won't find- me under- here....

Barked: Wed Oct 24, '07 7:25am PST 
Do you have a Costco in your area? You are better off getting the Kirkland brand. It's all life stages so it will be fine for a puppy and the price is right.
The ingredients are better than the foods you have listed here.
[notify]
Pugsley

I Might Be Small- But I Have It- All!

Barked: Wed Oct 24, '07 7:40am PST 
The only one of those I have heard of is Eukanuba and I have heard that's not a great food.

I agree with if you have a Costco and a Costco card you should try Kirkland!

Also, you can order dog food online! I know some foods like Timberwolf even have free shipping!
[notify]

Becks

The cutest dog- ever!

Barked: Wed Oct 24, '07 8:00am PST 
Becks eats Avoderm lamb and rice - it won a Becks' taste test out of a few choices I was willing to let him eat.

He also gets Wellness canned food once or twice a week.

I first thought to check into Becks' food because he was itching a lot and I walked into a great pet store (Not a Petco or PetsMart, but a store that carries good foods) and started getting an education about dog food.

Look for the food that is really food and not the ground up scraps of misc animals and called pet food.

And, a lot of pups are on RAW diets these days. If you consider going that route you really need to learn about it and know what you're doing; but dogs on the RAW diet seem incredibly healthy.

Good luck!!
[notify]
Gunner

I solemnly swear- that I am up to- no good

Barked: Wed Oct 24, '07 9:33am PST 
You do not have a Petco or Petsmart in your area?

If you have a Petsmart, get Blue Buffalo.

Petco, I always suggest Natural Balance or Solid Gold.
[notify]
Meridian

Proud to be a- kitchen wolf!!!

Barked: Wed Oct 24, '07 10:04am PST 
Where is your location? Are you not in North America?
[notify]
Fudge The- Pug

Barked: Wed Oct 24, '07 1:55pm PST 
oh dear i dont have any of those that you are all suggesting... I am in one of the province in the Philippines...

Thank you all for responding!
[notify]
Meridian

Proud to be a- kitchen wolf!!!

Barked: Wed Oct 24, '07 2:39pm PST 
I've heard that the only commercial dog foods available in many places are these pretty substandard ones made by LARGE companies. You might find the website The Dog Food Project really helpful. You can learn how to decipher labels and pick the best foods on your own.

Given the lack of access to the decent commercial foods, have you ever thought about feeding a raw or homecooked diet?
[notify]
Fudge The- Pug

Barked: Wed Oct 24, '07 9:54pm PST 
honestly i have no idea what foods and how to prepare raw food diet for my pug!.... i did try mixing 1 raw egg this morning to his kibble and he did love it... would you be so kind to offer me some simple recipes? Thanks!
[notify]
Winnie

Anything you can- do I can do- cuter!

Barked: Wed Oct 24, '07 10:32pm PST 
Fudge, you should check out the raw forum. We'd be happy to help!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2