GO!

Opinions on Fromm dry and Merrick can pet food

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Williamsburg- 's Annie

I love my Mom!

Barked: Sun Apr 8, '07 11:43am PST 
Hi! I use these two products and have been happy with them! I do also cook for my dogs and am now considering cooking full time for them with all of the pet food problems. I cooked for 6 years for my english bulldog brutus who suffered with severe food allergies and he lived a good life even though he had problems. What are your thoughts on these foods or others?
[notify]
Delta

I love water!!

Barked: Sun Apr 8, '07 11:58am PST 
I think Merrick canned and Fromm food is awesome! I love the ingredients in both and the ingredients are good from what I've been researching so far. I don't see anything truly wrong with either brand. Both brand is equally good.
[notify]
Cho Cho

SPOIL ME- ROTTEN!!

Barked: Sun Apr 8, '07 12:24pm PST 
Im on Merrick and it's great. If you havn't had problems with the two brands, what is your concern here?
[notify]

Delta

I love water!!

Barked: Sun Apr 8, '07 12:26pm PST 
A lot of people like opinions on what they are feeding there dogs. That's how I got started in researching dog food ingredients and dog food nutrition. That's how I discovered what to look for a quality ingredients in a dog food. No dog food is equal so I never try and say one quality dog food is better than another quality dog food if they both have quality ingredients in my opinion. Everyone is different though.
[notify]
Williamsburg- 's Annie

I love my Mom!

Barked: Sun Apr 8, '07 12:29pm PST 
Well, even though foods are really good sometimes things can happen in the plants they are produced in. Even some of the expensive holistic brands are manufactured in plants that produce inexpensive dog food with cheap ingredients. If I cook I know that at least the food is fit for human consumption or is supposed to be because you know they have human food recalls too.
[notify]
Mia Bella

Just a little- girl!

Barked: Sun Apr 8, '07 2:58pm PST 
I would feed Fromm's if it were available around me! I can't afford to have it shipped frown Maybe someday.

Merrick is a great brand too!

Sounds like you are eating some yummy good food!
[notify]
Williamsburg- 's Annie

I love my Mom!

Barked: Sun Apr 8, '07 3:39pm PST 
Fromm really is a good food. We feed the dry duck and sweet potatoe and sometimes the can food but my bulldog doesn't like the gravy in it sometimes. So we feed Merrick can food. I only like the recipes with the chicken, turkey and duck in them. My dogs really do not care for the beef formulas. They like the homestyle stews.
[notify]