GO!

Aloof puppy

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Mon Apr 22, '13 3:37pm PST 
Hey guys I'm new to this forum. I just had a question regarding my 13 week old Finnish lapphund. He's a beautiful dog, really bubbly personality and very playful. But he's really aloof with anyone in the household. Just wondering if anyone involved with the breed could shed some light on whether this is a permanent thing or if there are ways to encourage affection, or rather for a way for him to enjoy affection. Don't get me wrong if we are out for a little like 30 mins when we come back he sprints to the door and loves a belly rub. But that is only very brief same goes for when we take him out of his crate in the morning. He's especially distant when we sit down next to him, he tends to move away almost instantly frown
[notify]