GO!

Transport Needed - Visalia, california to Calgary, Alberta

This is a special place for Dogsters to help Dogsters arrange for community transport of rescues or dogs being re-homed. Even though we love our community, please remember this is the Internet. Be sure not to post personal information publicly or share it prematurely; always use your best judgment when working with people unknown to you. Thanks for helping our furry friends get to their furever homes!

(Page 5 of 5: Viewing entries 41 to 48)  
1  2  3  4  5  
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Wed Apr 20, '11 1:58pm PST 
There is a small, repeat, small chance I may be able to get her all the way from Vancouver to Banff, maybe Calgary. A friend of mine drives tour busses & occasionally has to deadhead from here to there..meaning he drives an empty bus. He's a dog guy himself, so would probably love to have the company. He is supposed to call me in the next few days (he's on the Island right now) & get together before he heads home to Exshaw. I'll talk to him then & let you know what he says. I'm not sure how it works exactly, but let's keep paws crossed.
[notify]
Chloe,- KPA-CTP

Clearance Puppy - The best of them- all.

Barked: Thu Apr 21, '11 11:47am PST 
Squ'mey, That would be AMAZING if you could arrange that!
Please keep us updated!
[notify]
Chloe,- KPA-CTP

Barked: Mon May 9, '11 1:52pm PST 
Hey Guys,
So sadly, I don't think this transport is going to happen. The shelter is really unresponsive to any attempts i've tried.

She got spayed 5 days ago, and I e-mailed them on the 4th with no response yet..

I hope if I have a response we can get a better story out.

But the time being - Thanks for all the support and acts of kindness, but I think we are calling this deal off.

If they do finally get back to me, I think i'll just throw my money on the table and just pay for her to fly up. (so she doesn't die, and I don't waste ALL my time for a lost cause =[ )

HOPEFULLY, we can do this another time!

If anyone needs transport on the west coast, at least we've seen some great responses too this cause!!cheer
[notify]

Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Mon May 9, '11 1:57pm PST 
Chloe..thanks for the update. Too bad the shelter is being uncooperative. My friend said he doesn't always know very far in advance when he'll have an empty bus, so can't be a reliable transport, but if it happened to work out, he would be willing in the future.
[notify]
Chloe,- KPA-CTP

Barked: Mon May 9, '11 3:03pm PST 
That would be amazing! Thank you for asking him!
[notify]
Candy

Candy advocate- for non violence

Barked: Sun May 15, '11 10:33am PST 
I live in Idaho Falls, Idaho, which is on the I-5 corridor. I would be willing to help transport a portion of the leg.
[notify]
Chloe,- KPA-CTP

Barked: Wed May 25, '11 1:53pm PST 
Hey Guys,
So I have good and bad news.

Good news - I e-mailed this shelter, and they replied 3 weeks later and told me she got adopted! She got a home and I hope she is happy.

We will not have to put this transport together - and can all rest. Ha, Thank you all for your support and potential to try to help! Even though it never got through.

If I ever need to do a transport up the west coast - I know some awesome people to contact!!

Bad news - I don't get the dog I was trying to adopt (even though I set up potential 'workable' flights in this transport wouldn't work, and sent all the papers for this adoption AND got apporoved!) I'm a little bummed at the responses of this shelter, and how unorganized they are.. but i'm happy the dog got adopted.
[notify]
Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Barked: Fri May 27, '11 11:16pm PST 
I'm glad she got adopted, but sorry that you had to jump through so many hoops just to have it fall apart on the shelter end.

Thanks for the update.
[notify]
  (Page 5 of 5: Viewing entries 41 to 48)  
1  2  3  4  5