GO!

HELP! 7/24 Scranton, PA to RI Transport Needed for Southpaws

This is a special place for Dogsters to help Dogsters arrange for community transport of rescues or dogs being re-homed. Even though we love our community, please remember this is the Internet. Be sure not to post personal information publicly or share it prematurely; always use your best judgment when working with people unknown to you. Thanks for helping our furry friends get to their furever homes!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Wed Jul 21, '10 5:11pm PST 
We have a last minute run occurring on what we BELIEVE is this Saturday!!! Heading up from Louisiana, four ACD/Springer mix puppies. It has been a tremendous trial with these guys, who had to TWICE be delayed in iso lockdowns due to a spread of parvo. As well, their dear sweet mother giving her life to save her puppies....she raised them fat and happy, and then succumbed to heart failure due to HW despite our efforts to save her frown

If you are able to contribute this Saturday with driving time in any way, please let your voice be known. This has come on very late warning for us, and we need to get these puppies here! Two are already adopted and are slated to live on a horse farm, owned by a vet, who has been most patient waiting on her darling girls to come home.
[notify]
Duncan

Because I'm- Duncan, that's- why

Barked: Wed Jul 21, '10 5:38pm PST 
Yes - just confirmed - transport is arriving in Scranton PA (from Louisiana) on THIS Saturday, 7/24, at approximately 10 AM.

From there, we need help getting them to RI ...the route is I-84 East all the way from Scranton PA to Hartford CT... and from there, I-384/ Rt 6 to RI.

If anyone is along this route and can help this Sat., that would be wonderful and much appreciated!
Lilith

I'm a trilingual- dog!

Barked: Wed Jul 21, '10 7:44pm PST 
I'll tentatively volunteer Chuffee's mom again. Seems like the same CT route as last time. Too far North for us to help this time, but I'll contact her and ask if she's able to.
[notify]

Duncan

Barked: Wed Jul 21, '10 9:39pm PST 
cheer YAY thanks Lilith/ (& Chuffee hopefully)!! ...This will be a fun and easier transport because it is just the four puppies, so only one vehicle per leg is needed...! THANKS so much!!!
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Thu Jul 22, '10 6:17am PST 
Hey all! Just a word of caution...it's supposed to be 96 degrees and extremely humid this Saturday. Despite that, I'm in. big grin

I can do Danbury to RI again. Please pmail me so that I know what vehicle arrangements to make.
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Thu Jul 22, '10 6:19am PST 
Duh, I just re-read and saw that it's puppies. I can fit them in my car. Also can do Hartford to RI.wave
[notify]
Duncan

Barked: Thu Jul 22, '10 7:20am PST 
wave Hi Lucille!! YAY thanks for your help!!! Ooooo boy sounds like it's going to be miserable hot this weekend!! Y'all transporters please carry extra water for thirsty puppies!! wink ...They are bigger puppies btw, when planning your space needs; they might need to be in two crates rather than just one (actually two is probably better and I will request that from my southern transport partners because the pups will get slightly less filthy that way). As Tiller mentioned this transport has been delayed twice, so the puppies have grown up a bit at the shelter and I believe they're 16 weeks or so, now?

Looks like we need help now with Scranton PA to Danbury CT !!! That's about a 2-hour drive on I-84 East. Anyone can help??

cheer
Jin

I'm going with- you, right?

Barked: Thu Jul 22, '10 8:26am PST 
Unfortunately, the nearest location to me on this transport is Scranton itself: a little more than two hours away. Plus, no idea if I'll have use of my Jeep by this weekend either...

So sad to hear about the ESS momma. frown She was gorgeous, and clearly a good mother.
[notify]
Chufee

CGC; Who says- I'm a princess?

Barked: Thu Jul 22, '10 4:04pm PST 
Hi everyone! I'm going to have to sit this one out. I would volunteer but my vehicle doesn't have AC. It would be rough on the pups. Sorry! Good luck with this run! And if anyone wants to swing by Westport, CT, I still have a crate from one of the previous runs... shock
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Fri Jul 23, '10 6:02am PST 
Chuffee, that does make sense. Listening to all the weather reports this am, and it's going to be one of the most humid and hot days of the year. I was thankful that I got my AC recharged last month, otherwise I'd be concerned to do more than a half hour trip with puppies.

Duncan and Tiller, I won't be able to check email after noon today, no internet at home right now. I'm sending you a pmail with my cell # so that you can call me if this is still a go.

way to go
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3