GO!

Why do you keep a diary?

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  
Storm

Silent Observer

Barked: Thu Feb 15, '07 4:13pm PST 
...so, I've been wondering: Why does everyone here keep a diary?

I started Storm's diary to keep our breed club and his rescuers up-to-date on his latest adventures. I later learned how valuable it would be in monitoring his health, and now it is fun to go back and see how much he has changed and grown.

It's also a great exercise in viewing things from his perspective. I've caught myself writing things out for him, editing the post, and having a behavior- or health-related epiphany: something like, "Oh, duh! No wonder he's acting up - his allergies are back again!"

...and I'll admit it - I use it as a creative writing outlet, too.
[notify]
Gio

CD RE (CKC)- RXMCL (CARO) FM- CGN SJATD

Barked: Thu Feb 15, '07 4:24pm PST 
I'm no writing genius, that is for sure. I don't think many, if any other people read Gio's diary. But I find it fun. I like to keep track of cute or funny stories, past or present. Write down accomplishments or occassions that I will want to look back on later. And take a moment to see regular every-day life from my dog's perspective big grin
[notify]
Eevee

Official Nanny- to Timmy Tiptoes

Barked: Thu Feb 15, '07 4:32pm PST 
I am writing a diary to help me focus on my remaining dog (Eevee), I lost my first and oldest on Monday (Charlie).....I thought that if I kept a diary for Eevee it would mean I would observe her and give her what she needs rather than sitting around crying, it would make me focus on her as she is probably grieving too but can't tell me .... hopefully the diary will then start to tell of Eevee antics and in the future about a new companion for her, but it's a bit soon yet.
[notify]

Sabrina- 2000~2012

To break- injustice we- must break- silence

Barked: Thu Feb 15, '07 4:38pm PST 
I keep a diary for two reasons... One is because I really enjoy thinking about the things Sabrina does from her point of view. Sometimes something will happen and I'll think about how she must be seeing things and that's really funny. Like today she was spooked by stuffed birds in our building, so she wrote an entry about the haunted building. The other reason I keep a diary is to record stuff having to do with service dog stuff. So like I might put in articles that I wrote about service dogs, or letters that I've written about being denied access, my access challenges and anything else. An example is another entry from today about how I made her service vest. So really, Sabrina's diary has two purposes!
[notify]
Jasmine

Such a Happy- Girl

Barked: Thu Feb 15, '07 4:39pm PST 
I agree that it's a great way to view things in their perspective! At first I kept Jasmine's diary as a training log, basically. I wanted to see her progress over the weeks/months. As it went on, I would find myself writing entries while being confused initially, and by the time I was half way through writing it, I'd delete it or start over because I was no longer confused about why she acted a certain way or where it went wrong!

way to go

Then as hard-core training started to dwindle, I started to keep Jasmine's diary mainly for spreading the word about issues important to us and to provide info for fellow Dogsters. I don't have a "real" website, don't know how to start one, so Jasmine's diary is my way to kind of put together important ideas for others to view. For example, over a year ago I started creating an alphabetical list of breed rescues in her diary. Crazy, maybe, but my initial purpose was to show just HOW MANY places a person can look for a dog, even a specific breed.

I keep Socks' diary to keep her pals updated on her health and other important milestones in her life. It is really fun to write as Socks, I have a blast portraying her attitude in her diary and her postings where appropriate. wink

I admit that I am REALLY bad at keeping up with Max's diary. There really is not much to write about, he is such a simple pup. Maybe one of these days I will get a good idea about how to make his diary more interesting. I do feel a bit bad for him, I feel like he's a bit neglected here on Dogster. red face

I kept Cole's diary as a way to track his progress as a foster. Now that he's in a furever home, I don't update it much anymore. But I will if I ever recieve an update about the cute little bugger! snoopy

So now I'm doing the same thing with Sawyer, tracking his amazing progress through his diary. Sawyer is now the most active diary I keep. I feel it's really important to keep his diary updated since he is currently looking for his furever home. It is amazing to look back at his first entry and remember how different he was when he first came here!! I also know there are some pups quietly following his story, so I want to keep them happy with frequent updates, of course. way to go
Conan

cheeky devil

Barked: Thu Feb 15, '07 4:45pm PST 
I love to write and I love Conan! He's such a big part of my life so I enjoy writing about his day, his feelings & likes/dislikes. Sometimes I wonder if he's leading a more exciting life than I am...thinking
[notify]
♥- Genevieve- ♥ (GG)

[insert motto- here]

Barked: Thu Feb 15, '07 5:38pm PST 
I keep a diary for only exciting things that happened. I usually never type in it. It really depends on my mood.
[notify]
Abby

Feelin' groovy!

Barked: Thu Feb 15, '07 6:41pm PST 
Like Storm, I use it as a creative writing outlet. I write every day, and Abby's diary gets me started on "writer's block" days. It's interesting that it ALWAYS seems so easy to write as Abby, and so hard to do my own writing!!
[notify]
Bailey-- Loved- Furever

Catch me if you- can (trust me- you can't)

Barked: Thu Feb 15, '07 7:56pm PST 
Woof!

Bailey does so many crazy things, and I felt like I may have been driving the people I work with a little nuts, so I write about Bailey's adventures in his diary.
His face is so expressive, so it's fun for me to put the words to go with what it looks like he's thinking!
Being that he's a Jack Russell (a very high-energy breed), I use exclamation points A LOT! I just figure it's the way he lives (out loud).
I work as a proof reader, reading technical manuals...oh-so-much fun! Bailey's diary is definitely a creative outlet for me.
[notify]
Muffin

Attitudes Are- Contagious!

Barked: Thu Feb 15, '07 8:40pm PST 
I found Dogster when our Yorkie was diagnosed with mammary cancer in December. I thought it would be a fun distraction & when I really started discovering all the other things Dogster offers, we were hooked! I began writing Muffin's diary as a way to vent my feelings, try to make them humorous & from Muffin's perspective, kind of keep a record of what we were going through.

It was so therapeutic...better than any medicine I could have taken! It didn't occur to me that anyone was actually reading my diary entries & I was shocked & amazed that people were! We made SO many wonderful friends on Dogster...big puppies, little puppies & everything inbetween. I honestly don't know if I'd have gotten through the last few months without Dogster. That sounds pretty sappy & sentimental, two things I'm rarely accused of being, but it's true!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5