GO!

Anyone ever been to Glen Highland`s Farm for vacation?

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Sat May 12, '12 5:03am PST 
Glen Highland's Farm

Someone on another site mentioned how they would love to go there sometime, so I looked into it. And now, unless there's any reason we shouldn't, we're booking for early July smile

Just wondering if anyone has ever gone, or what they think of it. We would be doing 2 nights of the "Country Getaway", not the camp (though that looks fun too).
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Sat May 12, '12 10:52am PST 
wow. that looks amazing.

I am sure you will have a wonderful time.
[notify]
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Mon May 14, '12 1:33am PST 
Other than the fact that it looks too good to be true? laugh out loud

I haven't found anything bad about it at all yet and there's a lot of people that seem excited to go. Have yet to see real reviews OFF their site though. It looks perfect and it looks exactly like an acreage I'd love to live on. If you do go, please give us dogsters reviews!
[notify]

Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Mon May 14, '12 4:34am PST 
Huh, I didn't even notice how few reviews there are for this place. How odd thinking
I love the fact that the beach is dog friendly, but clean enough for humans to swim in as well. Maybe we can finally teach Rig to swim laugh out loud

It'll be great to not have to worry that we're breaking the rules by having the dogs off-leash and whatnot.

I'm just so excited! I hope it's as great as it sounds
[notify]
Happy

The Boy Wonder

Barked: Tue May 15, '12 3:02am PST 
It looks fantastic... When you go let us know how it went. If I had the money the camp would be something I'd be interested in, but I'd have to check and see what their feelings on service dogs are.
[notify]
Shayne CGC,- RL2

Shayne- Disc Doggin in- the 'Burgh!

Barked: Tue May 15, '12 6:54pm PST 
Not for a vacation but I volunteered to teach frisbee at their kids camp and got to stay for a week in the cabins and it is AMAZING. GORGEOUS views, gorgeous hiking, amazing people... the space has this very.... etherial feel to it.... it's a very spiritual space. You've been around dogster long enough to know that Shayne is a bit special... she's had issues with people and dogs at different points in her life and is a generally anxious and tightly wound dog. Shayne was nearly perfect all week with everyone.... had two scuffles... one with a another very pushy terrier and one she didn't start with another border collie who got short with her.... but for her being off leash with over a dozen unknown dogs for a week this was HUGE. She was generally more relaxed than normal and enjoyed a leash-free life for a week.

You can see some of the photos I took in a blog I wrote about the rescue (the blog post isn't about my experience as much as it's about the farm/rescue but stil has photos). GHF

It's CRAZY expensive for a vacation there and it would be a bit 'too busy' for Shayne to be successful during one of their bigger summer vacation weeks but if you get the chance to go you should totally do it... amazing place... great hiking opportunities... dogster Monte's mom taught Treibball there last year during camp...you can try herding, agility, sometimes flyball or frisbee... and you can help out with rescue dogs if you have time and see how it's run.

If I could afford it I'd go back in a heartbeat.... if you have any questions paw mail me... i could talk about GHF for days smile
[notify]
Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Wed May 16, '12 10:24am PST 
Thanks for the info Shayne!
I actually came across your blog the other night, admittedly I was just scanning pictures and didn't even realize that you wrote it red face laugh out loud

$270 for the 2 nights in their tent and it includes all the agility practice and stuff (unsure about herding, is that just for the camp week? Otherwise that would be great too). It's a tad pricey I'll admit, but for the freedom my 2 will get, it sounds like it'll be a good way to see how Rigby does camping.

I was looking at the list of things to pack and it mentioned bathing suits, I guess the humans are permitted in the beach too? eek) That'd be great in teaching Rig to swim, as so far she loves the water but hasn't quite gotten to the point of swimming.
[notify]
Shayne CGC,- RL2

Shayne- Disc Doggin in- the 'Burgh!

Barked: Wed May 16, '12 10:57am PST 
Yeah the herding is just for camp and I don't think they have instructors for the agility/herding/etc..

It's not really a beach... more a pond (or the creek)...but yes you can swim in it...there's a little wade-in area or a floating dock to jump off of (i hear there are snapping turtles at the bottom... so don't sink smile LOL) . It's on the other side of the road so you should bring a leash to cross the road just in case....but it's a nice spot near their memorial garden/tree/walk place which is really amazing.

The freedom is really great and I imagine that the getaways are less hectic than their full-blown camp.

I hope you guys have a blast! I really enjoyed my time up there and would go again in a heartbeat!
[notify]
Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Wed May 16, '12 1:29pm PST 
Few things I messed up in my previous post.
1. The emoticon was supposed to be a puppy Not a eek big laugh
And I`m not sure why I wrote beach at all BOL, I meant pond. Guess it`s a bit of an out-of-it day for me...

Wishful thinking on my part for the herding, I`d love to get Cobain and Rig out just to see what they`ve got in the way of instinct, but instructors out here are few and quite expensive.
[notify]
Sadie &- Leila

Barked: Sat Jul 21, '12 8:32am PST 
Did you end up going to the farm? I've been thinking about booking a weekend there and am curious to know how your trip went. Would you recommend it to others?
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2