GO!

Cookie goes to the kennel...

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Fri Nov 18, '11 7:30am PST 
About the only time I board my pups is over Thanksgiving which we usually travel to my brother's house for. He has a rescue Pittie named Chopper who is a perfect darling, but a tad dog aggressive.

So if I brought any of mine, the festivities might involve a dog scrap or two. Not really a good idea. I have an excellent boarding situation, the owner is a big time dog lover and she loves my dogs so I feel okay about it. Not good, but okay.

Then we adopted Cookie who has a crate issue. She has been through a lot. She has settled down nicely with us, but am worried about the boarding experience. They let me board with multiples in an enclosure since my dogs are not a fight risk, so I am getting Cookie put in a double wide with Savannah and Dubs in a double wide with Samoa. These two enclosures will allow them all to see each other.

I guess my only question is...can you think of other steps I might take to help her through the situation? I am going to give her an old shirt and have taken her for a walk through just the other day. She did okay, but was shaking some.
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Fri Nov 18, '11 8:30am PST 
As long as you don't get upset she'll be fine. The kennel knows about her issues and will keep an extra eye on her. Plus she'll be kenneled with a buddy and that definately helps. When you do drop her off act like it's the best thing in the world. Don't stress. When you pick her up make it the most amazing thing ever. I usually have special treat and a chew at home for them to settle back into the house. flowers
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Fri Nov 18, '11 8:43am PST 
Thanks. I know this is true, but I am such a fretter.
[notify]

Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Fri Nov 18, '11 12:13pm PST 
Just wanted to say that I'm so glad that Cookie is settling in so well. I know you had to work hard in the beginning (and still do), but I'm sure it has been so worth it.cloud 9

She'll be fine. She has 'big sis' to watch over her. Like Turner said, that helps a lot.

Happy T day!
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Sat Nov 26, '11 6:33am PST 
Cookie did fine. When I went to pick her up the kennel owner said "What is supposed to be wrong with her?" She said she behaved beautifully and came home with me a happy pup, as did her sibs.

I love these dogs, I really do.
[notify]
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Tue Nov 29, '11 5:30pm PST 
So good to hear! Tanuk has never boarded, but it might be a possiblity one day, and I already fret over it!
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Wed Nov 30, '11 12:41pm PST 
Awesome job! You prepared Cookie well and she behaved beautifully...your whole crew did. That Cookie is really coming along...

cloud 9
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Wed Nov 30, '11 1:35pm PST 
She is a sweetheart. She has bursts of hyperactivity, which she mused be used to getting yelled at for, since she will spin and jump and then fall on the floor and quiver.

But we praise her for it. I like to see her romp!
[notify]