GO!

Most dog friendly places in America and Canada.

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Pixie Bell

Is that a ball?

Barked: Sun Sep 4, '11 11:56am PST 
So, as I was thinking of a vacation for next summer (what I need to start planning for) I decided that our Ratty, Pixie, should tag-along. I wanted to go to Yellowstone, but realized that they aren't very dog friendly.

So what are the best vacations with a dog? Somewhere mountainous and beautiful, where Pixie can hike with us.

Thanks!
[notify]
Bella and- Daisy CGC

I'm a Meanie

Barked: Sun Sep 4, '11 7:20pm PST 
Might be too far of a drive...but I want to go with the girls here. Nearby hiking and Ashville, NC.

Want to go!
[notify]
Holly - CGC TDI

Squirrel?- Squrirrel!- SQUIRRELLLLL!!!!

Barked: Sun Sep 4, '11 7:33pm PST 
I gotta stick up for my stomping grounds and say that Seattle is incredibly dog friendly. There are TONS of trails and hiking areas in the Pacific NW most of them are dog friendly, though I'm pretty sure that dogs need to be leashed. As for off-leash areas, the dog parks in the area are pretty amazing too.

B&D, Now I'm wishing Holly and I could take one last loooong trip this Summer! laugh out loud
[notify]

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Mon Sep 5, '11 6:16am PST 
Never been to Seattle, but seriously, all I hear about are all of these places to take your dog! Plus, it looks like such a beautiful area too!

And I agree B&D! That place always looks cool.
[notify]
Mufasa

Barked: Mon Sep 5, '11 7:34am PST 
New England is pretty dog-friendly, especially Vermont and Maine. Dogs are welcome at Acadia in Maine. There's plenty of hiking, beautiful scenery, and dog-friendly lodging in both states. Check out listings and stuff to do at www.NewEnglandDogTravel.com.
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Mon Sep 5, '11 7:40am PST 
I think we are also a bit biased, but Vancouver is awesome. I am getting ready to take the dogs to a designated off-leash dog beach. It streatches forever. We have huge offleash areas, as well as designated on leash trails. Many businesses have doggie water bowls out front & *most patios will let you leash you dog to the rail by your table, if not under the table.
[notify]
Pika

Love me or- else....

Barked: Mon Sep 5, '11 8:54am PST 
I've found that most State Parks are dog friendly. Places where you can camp with a tent or RV are generally very dog friendly. First Landing State Park in Va. allows pets on their beach. Kiptopeke State Park in Va. has a separate beach for dogs as well. Myrtle Beach State Park in SC will allow dogs on the beach after 5pm during the summer. Good luck in your search!!
[notify]
Uno

I'm huntin'- wabbits

Barked: Mon Sep 5, '11 12:22pm PST 
Asheville is super dog friendly, a lot of stores allow dogs inside and have water bowls out for them especially in the summer. Lots of awesome hiking and its absolutely gorgeous in the fall with all the foliage.
[notify]
Abner

Basset Hound- with a Flatty- suit on

Barked: Mon Sep 5, '11 2:49pm PST 
Carmel, CA! I haven't been there with Abbers yet, but all I hear about is how great it is. It's also in a totally beautiful area. Plenty of places to visit there! Santa Cruz is also an hour away and is a really fun place, also pretty dog-friendly.

Then there's my home, Sonoma County, CA. We have a large off-leash beach, many dog parks and great dog-friendly wineries. Howard's Station in Occidental is my favorite place to take Abner, as they have a dog menu! $3.50 will grab Abner a bowl of two organic local scrambled eggs and brown rice. We also have great places to hike with a dog. My next stop (tomorrow?) is taking Abner out to hike in the redwoods.
[notify]
Dozer ~ CGC

Life is about- clicking and- sleeping

Barked: Mon Sep 5, '11 7:08pm PST 
Just got back from camping in the San Juans (near Seattle) with Dozer, and it is super-dog friendly.

Once I had him tied out in front of a restaurant in Friday Harbor, and the manager came up to me and said I could bring him inside because he was so well-behaved and he looked lonely. snoopy Cask and Schooner is the name if you're ever in the area!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4