GO!

Travel to Europe?

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Kiska

Barked: Thu Jan 27, '11 9:21pm PST 
Well, I tried the blanket, but no longer than 5 minutes. She didn't scream, but she was very alert. (The expression on her face said, "WTF? Why did it get so dark in here???") But we really need to take it slow with her - she is only now going into her crate voluntarily and even dozing in there - but only if the door is open! If I close the door, she starts to freak out, so we are practicing closing the door for just a couple of minutes at a time.

We got a new bag for Kiska that is just a little bit taller and longer than her current Sherpa bag (which I think she is starting to outgrow). The new bag still fits into the AF dimensions (meaning total dimensions of the bag are 43", so still under the 45" max). She has more room in this one, but she still can't stand up completely - she can very comfortably turn around though and stretch out. Most of the people I have spoken to about this (people at AF, Delta, Flying Blue, and some of my frequent flyer friends) have said that they don't think this will be a problem - it seems to be the weight that is the biggest issue, and we are definitely under the weight limit. We took Kiska out on errands today in the new bag and so far everything was ok - the only thing is that the pad inside the bag is velcroed down and it drives Kiska insane that she can't pick it up and eat it/shove it into a corner. I'm going to try to take out the pad tomorrow and see if she likes it better that way...
[notify]
Mika MADC,- MJDC,- AG.N.J.,- A.G.

My mom\\\'s- heart dog

Barked: Fri Jan 28, '11 11:43am PST 
I haven't read the whole thread, so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but you might also want to try a natural calming product (such as Rescue Remedy, DAP, or Thundershirt) when you fly. Flying is very stressful for most animals. Good luck!
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2