GO!

Best airline to fly?

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
~Samson~

I've got places- to go & places- to pee!

Barked: Tue Sep 9, '08 4:49pm PST 
I would like to Colorado this summer, and Samson will be coming with me while the other 2 dogs stay with my parents. What is the best airline to fly with a dog?blue dog

ETA: Nevermind, Plans have changed and we will be driving way to go

Edited by author Sun Sep 28, '08 12:43pm PST

[notify]
Pi

Yay! Hugs!

Barked: Tue Sep 16, '08 5:38am PST 
not sure about the best one, but continental was TERRIBLE. Personally, I'm trying Delta next time.
[notify]
Murphy

Barked: Tue Sep 16, '08 2:33pm PST 
Hello - will the dog be with you on the flight - or will it be crated below? I have a 4 month old Yorkipoo and he has flown with me 6 times already and we have flown on 3 different airlines: American, AirTran and JetBlue.

American: 4 hour flight, no problem
AirTran: VERY strict about making sure the puppy was in the bag, bag zipped at ALL times and that the puppy/bag was never in my lap and zipped the entire flight - they just "seemed" less dog friendly.
JetBlue: Staff VERY friendly, allowed me to unzip bag and "play" with my puppy and even put him (in the bag) on my lap during the flight. I have flown with JetBlue 4 times and love them.

I'm not sure if this helps, but thought I'd offer.

Jay
[notify]

MACH ADCH- Lilliana TQX

My idea of a- holiday is- playing agility!

Barked: Tue Sep 16, '08 3:41pm PST 
I flew on Delta and did well.

Pi - what happened with your Continental flight? I thought they had some good centers for layovers and such.
[notify]
Rudi

Master of the- Grumble...

Barked: Wed Sep 17, '08 6:46pm PST 
Last year when Rudi was just a pup we decided top take him along on our trip to Germany. Since he was so small we were able to have him travel with us in-cabin under the seat. We flew Lufthansa - but in preparing for the trip I Googled a million sites on what to do, the best ways to do it etc... Since Samson is a bigger doggie - he'd have to go cargo and I remember several forums and sites where Delta was mentioned as the best of the best. If I remember correctly that they even have special personnel to handle only the animals and that the cargo areas are separate climate controlled rooms. (Which though was quite impressive) My heart aches to imagine pet crates scattered amongst suitcases in freezing temps. I would call Delta's 800 number and talk to someone. Ask how and what they do.
[notify]
Chanel- (Rehomed)

Born to Be- Beautiful

Barked: Thu Sep 18, '08 7:21pm PST 
American Airlines for sure!!! My daddy works there, and the dogs are very safe there. snoopysnoopysnoopysnoopy Yay! Your going to Colorado!happy dancehappy dancesnoopysnoopysnoopyhamster dancehamster dance
[notify]
~Samson~

I've got places- to go & places- to pee!

Barked: Sat Sep 20, '08 8:28pm PST 
Thank you all for your responses hug

He will be sitting with me on the plane.

I am still undecided on a flight shrug
[notify]
Otto - Registered- Service Dog

ADI cert. - the only one- that matters!

Barked: Sun Sep 21, '08 2:56pm PST 
Seems there's more going on than we're being told.shock

According to your page, your weight is 50-100 lbs. If this is correct and you're planning on flying in the cabin, you're either going as a service dog (not noted on your page) or an emotional support animal.

We can't answer your question if we don't have all the information.shrug
[notify]
Daisy

Let\'s Go!

Barked: Mon Sep 22, '08 9:59am PST 
You may want to fly with the Dogtravel company that way your dog is actually sitting with you in the cabin of the plane rather than in cargo. It's a travel club for dog lovers. Http://www.dogtravelcompany.net
[notify]
Snowy

A Doggie Scholar

Barked: Wed Sep 24, '08 2:10am PST 
I flew united and continental. Both without issues. It seems like American domestic airlines are quite used to traveling pooches so they know exactly what to do. We had a bit of trouble at the French check in counter, but it was more of a .. "why would someone bring their dogs on a trip?" reaction (in a curious way) rather than giving us trouble.

But yeah.. they won't let you fly in cabin because of your weight. I doubt you'll fit in a carry-on sherpa bag.

Edited by author Wed Sep 24, '08 2:11am PST

[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2