GO!

Man defends decision to tattoo puppy

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Fri Apr 5, '13 7:57pm PST 
I actually just got this article in my e-mail today. Shame on the guy that tattooed his poor dog. That is just the same as tattooing a child who cannot talk. It is one thing for us humans to get them, that is our own decision and I must admit I have a couple, but we ourselves can decide whether or not we want them. Dogs cannot and I am sure if they could, they would refuse!!! eek
The man tried to say he did this just in case something ever happened to the dog for identifying reasons......hmmmmmmm.........not to sure an artistic big tattoo is
the way to go!!!!!! confused thinking
[notify]
Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Sat Apr 6, '13 4:51pm PST 
It's an ugly poor quality tattoo, not art at all. It looks like a prison tattoo.

I really don't think this is a big deal. I would be more concerned on why a vet allowed him to take the dog while it was unconscious. I think the ear cropping is worse. It does not look like this guy has much skills, maybe he thought this would be good practice.

Tattoos are used to identify animals. This is just a bigger and uglier one.

People always have to hate something. This is not animal abuse.
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Sat Apr 6, '13 5:16pm PST 
I agree that while ugly, it's not abuse. How much discomfort could the dog have been in if he kept her still enough to tattoo her? And I really doubt the dog cares at all, seeing as she won't even be aware it's there. Whether or not he actually did it for identification purposes, it's his dog, so as long as the tattoo was done humanely, I really don't think it deserves all this attention.

From the Dogster article:

I hope that you rot in hell for the torture you made that dog endure.. you are a sick creature.. and a cruel human.. no better than someone who makes their dogs fight!!

Huge overreaction. I get that people don't agree with what he did, but equating it to dog fighting is utterly asinine. People really need to find better places to direct their anger.
[notify]

Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Sun Apr 7, '13 5:06pm PST 
It seems like a lot of people overreact when it comes to animals. I see comments like that all the time on Dogster articles. I mean, is you're saying "they deserve to be killed" about some of these people, are you really any better than they are?
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2