GO!

A very sad subject; Research on correlation between animal cruelty and interpersonal violence

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

Lola- Penelope

If you have- food, I looovvee- youuuuu!

Barked: Sat Oct 13, '12 11:02am PST 
Hi, I am a student at college level and am doing a research paper on the stated topic. I have quite a bit of information on the topic, I have two interviews completed with professionals, and many studies done on many different levels. One thing I am missing is a case study, a person who has had a personal experience with the two.
I was wondering if anyone who has had experience with either child abuse or domestic violence, and the abuser threatened/ threatening the welfare of your pet to gain or keep control over you, or children who have abused animals, would be willing to share your story with me.
I understand this is a super sensitive topic, and I will treat you and your story with utmost respect.
If you would share your story with me, please paw-mail me. I will have to cite these emails, and turn them in with my final paper. The only people who will see our correspondence will be me and my professor.
With that in mind, if you share anything in the email that you do not want used, please not it clearly, and I will remove it, and will not use in my paper.
God bless everyone who has experienced any kind of abuse. On that note, if you have not received therapy or are not in therapy of some kind now, this may bring up feeling that you may not want to address at this time, so please be aware of that.
Thank you for your time.
[notify]
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Sun Oct 14, '12 12:18pm PST 
I don't really have any stories for you, but I hope someone was able to help you. smile
[notify]
Foxxy

Pocket Wolf

Barked: Mon Oct 15, '12 9:37am PST 
YOu might contact the Rose Brooks Center in Kansas City. I remembered reading (and went and found the article for you) about how they recently started accepting dogs in when they figured out that 40% of battered women won't go to the shelter because they can't leave a dog behind. They might have people in their center who are willing to talk.

Edited by author Mon Oct 15, '12 9:41am PST

[notify]

Lola- Penelope

If you have- food, I looovvee- youuuuu!

Barked: Mon Oct 22, '12 6:48am PST 
Thank you Foxxy for the news clip. It will be perfect for the pathos part of my paper, a personal story.
Thank you so much. This semester is hard on me emotionally because of this paper. It is tooo sad for me, and cannot wait until it is finishedfrown
[notify]