GO!

How much does your dog mean to you?

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 28)  
1  2  3  
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Fri Jun 8, '12 10:46pm PST 
Conker's last paragraph really summed it up. Whenever I go anywhere, even out to lunch, my first thought is, "Can I take Onyx?" Longest we've been apart was a couple months ago when I flew up to WA just for only a couple days, so I didn't feel it was worth putting him through being in the plane's cargo. I missed him so much it was ridiculous. Called home all the time to make sure he was ok.

Fortunately he's with me now as we're driving up to WA to stay for a few weeks. I can tell my relatives think I'm a bit nuts because I insist on bringing him everywhere (he came with to my cousin's graduation today and sat with me), but I miss him anytime I can't bring him with me. And of course I find ways to bring Onyx, or dogs in general, into just about every conversation. I have to bite my tongue sometimes because I don't want to annoy people.

My parents always joke that stuff comes in the mail every other day for Onyx because I'm always finding something new I want to buy him. Where most girls buy new clothes/shoes, I buy new dog accessories/toys/treats/food/ect. I just enjoy buying stuff for him so much more than for myself. And they're always impressed how much time/money I put into his diet but it's like a hobby, I enjoy it.

And like Lucille said, I'm in way better shape and get out a lot more because of Onyx. If it were up to me, I'd sit around all day and be lazy. But seeing how much Onyx enjoys exercise and going new places makes me enjoy it too.

He's the first dog I've really felt bonded with. He can be a real butt at times (teenager that he is) but even when his rebellious side comes out, he's still so amazing. I can't wait to see what kind of adult he'll mature into!
[notify]
Booth

Fortius quo- fidelius

Barked: Fri Jun 8, '12 11:02pm PST 
As a veteran, and one that has seen his share of terrible things, life was very rough for me returning home. For many months I wouldn't get out of bed, or when I did I would basically go right back to bed. I learned to cope with it over the years, but I didn't truly learn the meaning of companionship until I'd met Booth, which I have a very wonderful girlfriend to thank for. He has given me every reason to get out and do things, and he's given me something to look forward to in the morning. Seeing his face when I crawl out of bed, and being able to pet him when I'm nodding off into sleep is a joy that too many will deprive themselves of, especially in a world where both life and love are so very ephemeral.
[notify]
Kc

Ain't nothing- but a hound dog.

Barked: Sat Jun 9, '12 11:56am PST 
I feel lost and sad when she's just at the kennel. I cant even imagine.cry
[notify]

Maggie,- Tika, &- Porter

Aussie-tastic- Trio

Barked: Sun Jun 10, '12 11:44pm PST 
I honestly don't know what I did with my free time before dogs...I do know I had more money though lol laugh out loud

Maggie is truly my heart dog. She has taught me about 10 dogs worth of information all in her little 30# package over these past 5 years. She will do anything I ask of her, even if I can tell she thinks it is dumb. Even though she prefers to sleep in her dog bed at night, she always hops up on my bed because she knows I like her up there. She has taught me about doggy behavior, manners, sports, training, nutrition, and patience. I know that when I lose her it will be very hard - I will admit that she is my favorite (don't get me wrong, I love Porter and Tika very much).

The fact that Mags has separation anxiety makes it really hard for me to have a social life outside my dog friends...good thing I have found a small handful of them (I still wish there were more in my area - driving 150+ miles round trip gets costly).
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Mon Jun 11, '12 5:11am PST 
Oh i hear you Onyx we are pretty much the same. I buy Kashmir new stuff more than i buy myself. She has soo many toys, leashes, collars Im running out of places to put it all big laugh But i love her so much. Whenever I go out with the bf and we pass a pet store we HAVE to stop in it. Im so lucky he puts up with me and my love for my dog. dancing And i also try and revolve any trips around her. If she cant come then i usually dont go, but she can stay at home and my parents will watch her. But usually she comes wherever i go, or if i cant take her i make sure to not stay gone for too long so i can get back home.

Edited by author Mon Jun 11, '12 5:13am PST

[notify]
Wyatt

RATS, give me- RATS!

Barked: Mon Jun 11, '12 6:01pm PST 
I could not imagine life without dogs in it to be honest. They bring so much unconditional love and happiness, you can not put any kind of price on that. When I come home from work at night, they all greet me in their own way, Callie carrying a stuffy, Huck doing his Aussie smile and Wyatt bouncing around in true JRT fashion. I sit there and unwind and ask them how their day went and did they scare off any bad guys and tell them my day as they sit there giving me kisses, squeaking their toy and just looking up at me like I am their whole world. Each dog brings their own twist to the relationship. They make me get out and exercise and because of them I have learned how to train dogs, run agility, do flyball, meet lots of cool people and basically they have made my life totally better. I hope I have given them as good a life as they have to me.
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Tue Jun 12, '12 7:40am PST 
Wow, Booth, great post! I'm so happy that the two of you found eachother! and that girlfriend sounds like a real keeper, too. wink And thank you for your service. big grin
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Tue Jun 12, '12 9:23am PST 
Great responses everyone. Im glad that other people share a wonderful bond with their dogs as much i do. applause
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 28)  
1  2  3