GO!

'American Stuffers': Creepy or Not?

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 28)  
1  2  3  
Angel

Tuff Enuff!

Barked: Mon Jan 23, '12 10:31pm PST 
That's disgusting, IMO. If you want 'physical' reminders of your pets after they're gone, that's why you take pictures!! As we all know, "pictures are worth a thousand words!" I have lots of pics of Angel & Tia...I'd rather remember them as they were when they lived by having memories in my head & heart, and pictures, then having a stuffed, lifeless version of them.
[notify]
Tyson

Ball?! Did- someone say- BALL?!!!!!

Barked: Tue Jan 24, '12 10:42am PST 
Wow. I mean,wow. I really can't understand the mindset of the "eternal pet". I am interested in learning their point of view, though.

We haven't had AP in years as it was in a package that was far more than we have been able to afford. When we had it, it was when they had the good shows like Emergency Vets and Breed All About It. It a shame to hear how downhill they've gone. Even Tyson used to watch the TV. In the back of my mind was the thought that if anything happened to my ferrets, I could take them to Dr. Fitzgerald. They have since passed. His vet tech interns at the time were primarily from Bel-Rea Institute.
[notify]
Emma

Cuddle Bug

Barked: Tue Jan 24, '12 5:42pm PST 
I watched it for fifteen minutes last night before I had to turn it off way to Creepy!
[notify]

Quincy- FM TFE-II- TDIAOV CGC

I have just met- you and I LOVE- you!

Barked: Fri Jan 27, '12 1:18pm PST 
Lenny, YES! AP was my favorite, I loved Good Dog U and Breed All ABout It. And K9 To Five was awesome. One of my favorite shows ever was on that channel, "Caught In the Moment". It followed a pair of wildlife photographers/filmmakers. It was awesome. Man, those were the glory days. I hardly ever watch now, most of the shows are weird and don't really have anything to do with animals. AS for the Stuffers thing, so creepy! It's just not a healthy way to grieve. You're pet is not the body. That may be part of it, but when they are gone, they're gone. They are called "remains" for a reason!
[notify]
Lenny

Lenny -The- Wrecking Ball

Barked: Sun Jan 29, '12 9:15pm PST 
Quincy, I forgot about K9 to 5! I loved that show, some of the jobs dogs had were quite amazing. And the song was catchy too in the beginning

"K9 to 5, up at the crack of dawn. K9 to 5, working all day long. When you love your job, it feels great to be alive. Working like a dog, K9 to 5" and of course don't forget the barks at the end lol

Is it odd that I remember that? laugh out loud
[notify]
Kip & Oogie

Goof Fox & Diva- Squirrel

Barked: Sun Jan 29, '12 10:51pm PST 
I had never heard of this show until I read this thread!! Intrigued, I looked up some clips on the animal planet website… and wow. I was fine with the whole thing until they started “prepping” a Chihuahua and it got bloody. It just made me so sad to see someone’s beloved pet going through such a bloody process, even if it was already dead! (The whole blood factor is the primary reason I decided not to take the veterinary route career wise.)

That said, I agree with Ava & Nix that everyone grieves differently. I watched some “Reaction” clips too and you could tell that having the preserved bodies of their since gone pets was something comforting to them and that they really did love their pets.

Now, I myself have always appreciated “traditional” taxidermy- deer, elk, exotic game and whatnot. Not the process but the finished product anyway. As for MY pets after they pass? I don’t know how I feel about that. It would definitely be saddening to look into empty glass eyes in the shell of a body void of my beloved pup’s personalities, and I don’t know if it’s something I would be able to deal with frown If they were in a “sleeping” position with their eyes closed that might be something I could handle, but still probably not something I would choose to do. I DID keep both of Kip and Oogie’s baby teeth though, which I’m sure a lot of people think is strange thinking
[notify]

Barked: Mon Jan 30, '12 8:46am PST 
the consensus is leaning toward creepy.. and i definitely agree. these are disturbed people who can't cope with loss and are hanging on to an artificial version of what they once had. if their pet could speak they probably would have told them not to remember them like this.
[notify]
Zora

Zora - Wonderdog

Barked: Wed Feb 1, '12 2:47pm PST 
Total weird zone, I don't get it at all. shrug
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 28)  
1  2  3