GO!

Marilyn Muttroe-a word of caution

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Bessie

Shove Over

Barked: Mon Feb 22, '10 8:41am PST 
I just wanted to advise folks to order from this online boutique with caution. I had a lousy experience that has finally concluded after five weeks and only with Paypal's intervention. I probably wouldn't have bothered to post, only a quick Google search shows that at least one other customer has had a similar experience. In short, they failed to fulfill my order and supplied inadequate information about what was going on.

I think that as long as the boutique has your item in stock, things probably go smoothly, but when they do not, it takes a long time to resolve the problem. They don't seem to have adequate systems in place to recognize that an item is not available and act accordingly.

A couple of weeks after I first placed order I checked in and was told my item would be shipped that week. Another week and a half later I demanded that my order be shipped or my money refunded that day. I never heard from the seller again. I still don't know why I never received the item I ordered, but fast forward two more weeks and Paypal did recover the money, though there was never a response from the seller to my complaint.

It probably wouldn't have been so bad if the item I ordered had not been a coat and this had not been an extremely cold and snowy month. Order at your own risk.
[notify]
Lila Rae

I'm pretty sure- I'm a doberman..

Barked: Mon Feb 22, '10 7:12pm PST 
Thanks for the warning! I think reviews and experiences from other customers about products/sites is very important! I'm a review reading nerdo! wink
[notify]
Bingley

Cookie Monster

Barked: Tue Feb 23, '10 6:00am PST 
Yes, thanks for the advice! I had something similar happen with the New York Dog Shop. I ordered a few times from them no problem, then started not getting my orders, and had to cancel them. Never got told why they weren't shipping.

I also had a hoooorrrriibbble experience shopping with petcare rx. They used to be fine, we used them a long time, but now, ug. They sent me the wrong item, so I call, they tell me they will have either UPS or USPS come pick it up. When they get it back, they will refund and reship. Fine. Nobody came to pick it up. I called again, got told the same thing. Again no pick up. Tried again, again no pick up. I finally, after a couple weeks of this, called and said I was going to open a dispute with my credit card if they didn't pick this up and ship me the right item. They finally (!!) had it picked up and refunded the money, but never ever shipped out the right item. I will never, ever ever buy anything from them again.
[notify]

Budrow RIP buddy

I am handsome - deal with it

Barked: Tue Feb 23, '10 7:06am PST 
I think customer reviews are extremely important, as long as the poster is truthful about what happened, then it can help someone decide if that product is worth it to them or not. The more customer reviews for a product, the better. It also helps keep the company accountable.
[notify]
Bessie

Shove Over

Barked: Sat Feb 27, '10 5:35pm PST 
Glad it's helpful. I too appreciate feedback for businesses. Too bad there's not a more centralized place to find this stuff.
[notify]
Rondo

Puppy Prodigy

Barked: Sun Feb 28, '10 7:31am PST 
You might be able to find the place on Dogster Local if you wanted to write a more centralized review. If you have the concrete address it should come up no problem!
DAZZLE

Barked: Wed Oct 6, '10 2:00pm PST 
I wish I would have read this before frown I also had a horrible experience with this company. i had already been @#%^$ over by http://www.dachshundsdressedforshow.com/ i sent her fabric to make a dress for my dog for my wedding and after she got the fabric i never heard from her again. so when the wedding got closer and i panic i found this website and they had a cute dress well, long story short...i ordered dress and called them and emailed them telling them i needed it by the 19th if not NOT to bother sending it since i am leaving for two weeks on my honeymoon. well, i never got the dress and now they are not going to return my $$ because it shows it was delivered on the 20th!!! ughhh
[notify]

Barked: Tue Nov 13, '12 3:26pm PST 
I had the same experience with Marilyn Muttroe, after a month of trying to contact them about my order I canceled it and ordered the item from the manufacturer because Marilyn Muttroe said it was back ordered but the manufacaturer had it in stock and they didn't know why Marilyn Muttroe claimed it was back ordered or why it was taking a month for Marilyn Muttroe to send my item or respond.

Snob Dog is owned by the same people which I didn't learn until I ordered from them and after two weeks of not being able to reach anyone about my order that wasn't showing up on my account I requested my money back (luckily received it.)
[notify]

Barked: Wed Oct 9, '13 8:55pm PST 
I say I must agree with the statement made about "Marilyn Muttroe" and wish I had done my due diligence before ordering from this company. I placed my order in early August for an item and received and email in late August advising my item had shipped, after two weeks beyond the receipt time without the product I contacted them and then was told they would send another shipment. Several weeks have gone by and I have yet to receive my order with several attempts to contact them by telephone (leaving many messages) as well as by email with no avail and requested the item to arrive by a certain date or provide a refund. It’s been two months since I have ordered and now have to file a complaint with my credit card company. I wouldn't take anything from this merchant even if they were giving it away!!!
[notify]

Barked: Thu Oct 24, '13 10:01am PST 
I'm in the midst of of MISERABLE on line experience with MARILYN MUTTROE. They straight out lied to me and their customer service is the pits. I ordered a doggie sweater a in September and after two weeks, I contacted MM because the status still said "processing". Well, the status immediately changed to "shipped" but after another two weeks, no package. After several attempts to get through to customer service, they sent an email stating that my sweater will be shipped next week!!! Wait, I thought it WAS shipped?!? Now, I'm locked in a battle trying to get them to cancel my order and refund my PayPal. Ugh!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2