GO!

Dog Carriers: Lucy's Luxuries, Kwigy-bo?

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

Cody

Gimme that- treat!

Barked: Thu Mar 13, '08 1:47pm PST 
Hi All!

I'm researching carriers to get for my pup. I'm going to be taking the bus to work (pup is coming to work with me), and pets are allowed as long as they're in a carrier. I want one that doubles as a purse so I don't need to carry 2 things, these two seemed like really good ones but I've only seen them online.

Have any of you seen or purchased a bag from Lucy's Luxuries or the Kwigy bo Alex bag?

The Lucy's one looks like it has way more storage space (and I like it better) but I'm a little wary of spending that much on something I haven't seen in person before. I know they're both pretty pricey, but I'm a purse addict and if I have to give up carrying one of my favorites I want to get a doggy bag I like just as much.

Let me know your opinions, thanks so much!!!
[notify]
Darci - CGC

Cutie Beauty

Barked: Sun Mar 16, '08 12:56am PST 
I have not seen Lucy's Luxuries in person, but they are BEAUTIFUL!!! I did look at the Alex carrier and although I liked the look of the bag I didn't like that it didn't have a zip down opening so I could look out. It's a cute bag though, but I really do think the Lucy's Luxuries one is stunning - wish I could afford it myself!
[notify]
Parker

Canine Executive- Officer

Barked: Sun Mar 16, '08 7:31am PST 
Have you looked into
[notify]

Parker

Canine Executive- Officer

Barked: Sun Mar 16, '08 1:23pm PST 
Have you looked into Petote or CeCe Kent? We carry both at our store and do really well with them. In fact, I have a Petote Rio carrier and CeCe Kent Rio carrier. Their Nantucket carrier is made from leather from the same tannery as Hermes!
[notify]
Cody

Gimme that- treat!

Barked: Mon Mar 17, '08 12:30pm PST 
I've seen those brands but my main concern is personal storage. I'm a purse girl and need room to keep my wallet, cellphone, ipod, camera, keys, chapstick, pens, misc items, etc. etc. handy with me. I liked the Alex bag because it's got those 4 big outer pockets, but it's made of fake leather so I'm worried it would look cheap? And yes, the Lucy's one is stunning! I keep switching back and forth between the two... on one hand I want to be practical and get the cheaper one... on the other hand I keep thinking TAX REBATE! haha

I havent seen either in person though... so I might have to make a trip to the nearest store that carries them to decide.
[notify]
Zoe

Barked: Mon Mar 17, '08 7:41pm PST 
Hi everyone,
We sell both Lucy's Luxuries and Kwigy Bo http://www.sassypup.net/Dog-Carriers-p-1-c-273.html

The biggest difference is that Lucy's Lux is made of authentic leather and is super ultra luxurious, some carriers in the Lucy's lux line can accomodate those tiny teacup 3lb babies, but the other designs can accomodate up to 12lbs! Both are designer lines that we sell very well. They both have pockets for personal belongs, wallets, cell, keys etc and both have attachments to safely attach your pet to it's collar or harness (in case they jump), both have mesh lookout. The best part is that they are approved by most major airlines for travel (of course check with your individual airlines).

Check out The Lucy's luxuries in the Spring issue of Modern Dog being featured as well as on The Real Housewives of New York (carried by housewife Jill!).

Either way, you all will not be dissapointed with any of these carriers, they are amazing! Our customers truly love these carriers.
[notify]
Milaney

Landshark alert.- Grrr!

Barked: Fri Mar 21, '08 6:28am PST 
Hi Silas,
My mom sells Lucy's Luxuries carriers in her boutique. They are fabulous! One of the best out there in my opinion. They are designed to be a purse as well as a carrier, so lots of pockets etc for mommy. You can seem them on our site: www.TheHauteHound.com
And dogster members receive free shipping!
Just enter the promo code " dogster " during checkout.
Woof!
snoopy
[notify]

Barked: Sun Apr 1, '12 8:27pm PST 
Kwigy Bo dog carriers are
really nice & a high quality product. My favorite is the Alex Bag, but the Alex
Luxe is really nice as well. They look like designer purses, but you can carry
your dog in them. They are comfy and pretty at the same time. And Kwigy Bo carriers
enables you to only have to take out one bag instead of two, there are nice size
pockets on the outside of most of their bags so you can store your cell phone,
wallet, keys, lipstick, etc... They have three main animal friendly leather lines
plus a summer canvas bag..
[notify]
Stormy Puppy- (Found a- home!)

Barked: Tue Apr 3, '12 10:05pm PST 
I've seen these in person and they look really nice:
http://www.celltei.com/petcarriers.html

They also will do custom designs if you want something special/different. If the price is too much also check their "specials" section for discounts.

Edited by author Tue Apr 3, '12 10:07pm PST

[notify]