GO!

Bill to Ban Dogs Riding in Drivers' Laps.

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 24)  
1  2  3  
Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '12 1:31pm PST 
Sonja, I was thinking more about out in the rural areas...farmers getting from one farm land to the next. I see that as not causing harm to others.

But in town/on the highway? Yes, definitely no good all around.
[notify]
Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Fri Apr 27, '12 3:38pm PST 
I knew where you were coming from...NP...the fools around here go from their farm to the city...and forget to leave the dog home and as far as it being against the law here...I doubt it. It's not against the law to walk around carrying a gun...as long as it ISN"T concealed.
[notify]
Conker

OBEY ME!

Barked: Sat Apr 28, '12 6:31pm PST 
Here it's illegal for dogs to ride unsecured in an open-top vehicle. Be it a truck bed or convertible, the dog's gotta be secured. Cops will also give you tickets for having a dog in your lap, but I am unsure if it's an actual law or what.

While I do not like the idea of more and more laws regarding pets, for the safety of me and other people around, I do have to agree with this one.
[notify]

Vance CGC

You kids g'off- my lawn!

Barked: Tue May 1, '12 1:43pm PST 
Weird. Last I knew RI had a law that dogs had to be barred from the driver by some means. Harness, crate, barrier, whatever. Nothing specific, but it gave the police rights to pull over anyone with a dog visibly interfering with their driving. That would make a law on no dogs in laps pointlessly redundant.

Although, if the police see or you want to complain about someone driving with a dog jumping on them it would generally fall under a distracted driving, reckless driving, reckless endangerment, or whatever else depending on your area. So technically all the cell phone-specific and dog-specific laws are kind of redundant. I know people in CT who have been pulled over on these grounds simply for having multiple dogs in a vehicle.
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 24)  
1  2  3