GO!

Dogs falsely accused need advice

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Fri Dec 2, '11 12:27pm PST 
I agree with the others. Fighting this for honors sake as well as the money. A lawyer will cost alot less than the fine let alone your reputation. It sounds like maybe you and Brad need to sit down with his daughter,explain what false claims against people can do and find out why she is so fearful over one chicken. Best of Luck.
[notify]
Sakari

Divas can get- dirty too !

Barked: Fri Dec 2, '11 2:24pm PST 
We got the fine taken care of so luckily I can save my money big grin And I got an apology from the sheriff wink
Apparently he was just having a bad day.
I do plan on having a talk with Brads daughter about my dogs - and her dog. She has a larger mix breed that has been giving me problems and chasing me into my house, can't wait until my front yard fence is finished.
Still don't understand how someone could claim to be an animal lover and blame innocent animals for something that happened (though if the goats had been confined in a fence instead of allowed to roam free maybe none of this would have happened). I don't like the fact that my dogs lives were put at stake because someone was acting childish.
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Fri Dec 2, '11 2:30pm PST 
The whole situation is scary...thinking
[notify]

Isaac - ADOPTABLE!

Adopt me! I want- a forever home!

Barked: Fri Dec 2, '11 2:47pm PST 
Yay! That you were able to get things sorted out with the fine and the sheriff, do you still have to go to court, or are all the legal issues taken care of?

How old is Brad's daughter? Old enough to understand what her actions and accusation caused? Regardless, I think a sit-down with her is in order, she needs to learn what false accusations can do to a person and animals. And she and her dad need to work with the dog that's been chasing you, it's dangerous for both you and the dog.

If the Rottweiler is killing for food and Brad has the know-how to train the dog to not chase livestock or can keep it completely separated, then it's up to him if he wants to keep it. If it's killing livestock for fun, then a professional trainer is in order, in my opinion. And probably should not be a country dog with all the tempting livestock around and all. If he can't keep it from chasing or killing livestock, then a call to AC would be the best thing for it. Better than being shot by some other rancher for chasing livestock. It's a sticky situation.

I'd say that you're a pretty good trainer if you've only had one issue with one chicken with one dog in three years! wink Your dogs aren't killers.

Good luck, glad things are starting to look up! smile
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Fri Dec 2, '11 5:04pm PST 
I'm glad you were able to get things sorted out. I'm sorry that you had to go through the worry at all. I do think the little sit down with Brad's daughter is in order. If she is old enough to know the difference between the truth and a lie and knows that lying is wrong,she can be talked to. My granddaughter is six and knows that lying is wrong and that she wouldn't like for someone to lie to or about her. This young lady sounds like she's over 6. Best of luck to you.
[notify]
Sakari

Divas can get- dirty too !

Barked: Fri Dec 2, '11 5:23pm PST 
My sister is going to take the Rottweiler in and foster him and try to rehab him since she currently has no dogs and is at home all the time she will have more time than myself or Brad to work with him. Poor guy only weighs 47 pounds and is literally nothing but bone frown

I'm not one that can give up on animal and my sister is the same way.

As for his daughter my guess would be early 20s. I've arranged to have a talk with her tomorrow. I can't count the number of times that she has harassed me about my dogs that are in my yard while her dog is running loose and is very aggressive.

This is the 3rd time I've had to deal with the sheriff over my animals because of her. They are NEVER outside without me. Always in MY yard and inside a fence. She She (my chow) does go in the front yard which is not fenced when I am out there to work on her training but has NEVER left my yard. When Sakari or Hope are in the front they are on leashes Hope is on a long line that drags the ground and Sakari is on a long line that is attached to me. The foster dogs are not allowed in the front yard because none of them can be trusted well enough yet to be allowed outside of the fence.
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Sat Dec 3, '11 9:07am PST 
Oooh. Sakari, just read this and very sorry you are having these issues. Mine don't immediately relate, but hate this neighbor stuff. Glad that Brad spoke up for you and set things straight.

Hope the daughter gets SOME of his good sense.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sat Dec 3, '11 9:21am PST 
Good Luck with your talk. I was originally thinking around 15. This girl needs to grow up and realize that you could take legal action against her for the things she's doing. There are also criminal penalties for giving false informatin to law enforcement that you could insist be pursued. She needs to be given a harsh lesson in reality and I would tell her that if her behavior continues you will take legal action so that even if you don't she may have second thoughts about doing it again. You could also send a letter from a lawyer for her to "cease and desist" or action will be taken and it may be worth the money it would cost to do it if your talk doesn't help. Best of Luck and I hope the crap ends with the talk yuo have with her.hughughughug
[notify]
John

Sqeuaky?

Barked: Sun Dec 4, '11 12:15am PST 
Next time sheriff elections roll around donate some campaign funds to whoever the heck is running against the current one. Cause "having a bad day" is a completely unacceptable excuse from any public servant.
[notify]
Steel

Professional- sock burglar

Barked: Mon Dec 5, '11 8:41am PST 
I'm really glad that this worked out! dancing I would have a sit down with Dan and his daughter, because that's just not okay that she automatically accused your dogs without even knowing for sure if it was them or not. I'm really glad that Dan was so willing to help you out, and take care of the dog who may have been the one who killed his goats. Sounds like a great neighbor.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2