GO!

Update on Case against the Boudreaux Family

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

Topic closed to new posts.
(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 25)  
1  2  3  
Raskol

Paddle!- Paddle!- Splash!

Barked: Wed Jan 25, '06 10:33am PST 
I have no idea what just happened here. Seems like some posts have been removed and people are getting testy.

Smoke -- LOL, I had a neighbor we nicknamed "Norman Bates," swore he had his mom in the freezer somewhere, but, unfortunatley, he never did anything where I could call him a "raving lunatic."

I'm not going to say anthing more -- please read this: http://www.badrap.org/rescue/gamebred.cfm
[notify]
♥ Ch- Francis....- THD CG

Barked: Wed Jan 25, '06 10:37am PST 
I don’t know this man however if he was breeding and injecting any breed of dog or mix dog with steroids and fighting them I would be against him.

I know many pit, pit mix and American Staffordshire Terriers who are lovely dogs. But it doesn’t sound like he and his family was breeding for the reasons that any AKC, CKC, or IABCA club would support. In addition the use of steroids alone would cause a problem

You have posted this in a public forum I assume to get input. You didn’t say only those who support him post.

http://www.amstaff.org/breedinfo.html
As pit bulls aren’t an AKC breed I am referencing the Am Staff Constitution available on line at above website.

Article 1
Sec. 2 The objects of the Club shall be: a. to foster and maintain among ourselves a warm friendship, and the highest standards of sportsmanship. b. to encourage and promote quality in the breeding of pure-bred American Staffordshire Terriers for sound, healthy dogs of excellent temperament, and to do all possible to bring their natural qualities to perfection. c. to encourage the organization of independent local American Staffordshire Terrier Specialty Clubs in those localities where there are sufficient fanciers of the breed to meet the requirements of the American Kennel Club. d. to do all in its power to protect and advance the interests of the breed and to encourage sportsman-like competition at dog shows, obedience trials, agility trials and tracking tests and any other competitions or activities that demonstrate the qualities of the breed in a favorable light. e. to conduct sanctioned specialty shows, obedience trials, and agility trials under the rules of the American Kennel Club. f. To provide educational programs and a forum for the exchange of information among fanciers regarding the American Staffordshire Terrier. g. to urge members and breeders to accept the standard of the breed as approved by The American Kennel club as the only standard of excellence by which the American Staffordshire Terrier shall be judged.

Page 9
Charges. Any member may prefer charges against a member for alleged misconduct prejudicial to the best interests of the Club or the breed.

I’m assuming that other Kennel Clubs in the US have similar national clubs and obligations.
[notify]
Sabrina- 2000~2012

To break- injustice we- must break- silence

Barked: Wed Jan 25, '06 10:59am PST 
This thread has gotten out of hand. Dogster is here for the love of dog, not for hating people no matter what you think of them.

I would love to have a non-confrontational conversation about this, but it seems this may never be possible, at least the way this thread is going.

Therefore, this thread is closed.
[notify]

Ziero - CGC, Rest in- peace 11/

I'm smarter than- your Honor- Student!

Barked: Wed Jan 25, '06 10:57am PST 
I DO NOT CONDONE DOG FIGHTING OR ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT!
Edited by forums moderator
Dixie Cup

Bulldogs,- Bulldogs, bow- wow wow!!

Barked: Wed Jan 25, '06 11:09am PST 
I absolutely agree that these people should be prosecuted. I work in law enforcement - at a prosecutor's office in fact - and I see cases all the time where people want to press charges against neighbors, relatives, etc. for animal abuse, but the law really doesn't protect animals the way it should. I don't care if the people are the nicest in the world - mistreatment of animals is wrong in any way, shape or form, especially the fighting of dogs. I won't even mention the injection of steroids! Absolutely ridiculous. As far as the breeding is concerned, and the "history" or lineage of what the dog's purpose originally was, we can't hold on to something like that forever. English Bulldogs were originally bred for "bull baiting", a sport where the dog was required to latch onto a bull's face. These dogs were considered some of the most aggressive around, but now, and anyone who knows bulldogs knows this, they are one of the most gentle breeds around. Would I go ahead and purposely make my dog aggressive just because it's in her "history"? No way, that makes no sense. These people, no matter what kind of "progress" they have made in the breed, should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
[notify]
(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 25)  
1  2  3