GO!

Update on Case against the Boudreaux Family

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

Topic closed to new posts.
(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Ziero - CGC, Rest in- peace 11/

I'm smarter than- your Honor- Student!

Barked: Tue Jan 24, '06 1:54pm PST 
Almost 1 Year Later, Floyd & Guy Boudreaux Formally Charged
January 19 2006 at 11:13 PM
No score for this post
The Daily Advertiser News Article (no login)

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------

Pit bull breeders facing criminal charges

Almost a year after world-famous pit bull breeder Floyd Boudreaux and his son, Guy Boudreaux, were arrested for dogfighting, the District Attorney's Office has filed formal charges against the two men.
A bill of information filed Wednesday charges the Boudreauxs with 48 counts of dogfighting and possession of testosterone and ketamine, said Assistant District Attorney Ronald Dauterive.

Prosecutors had four years after the men's March 11 arrest to file charges. District Attorney Mike Harson said filing charges starts a two-year clock counting down the time the case has to go to trial.

The Boudreauxs were arrested last year at their Youngsville home, where Louisiana State Police confiscated 59 pit bulls. The Louisiana Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals later euthanized 57 of them.
Authorities also found steroids, which the Boudreauxs allegedly injected into the dogs to build their strength.

A State Police unit out of New Orleans conducted the investigation.

"It was mainly the hurricane that had a huge impact on (filing charges)," Dauterive said. "During that time, we were waiting on lab analysis of the chemicals."

Floyd Boudreaux is known worldwide for creating the "Eli" breed of pit bull, famous for its aggression, according to the Humane Society. His arrest made headlines worldwide, and fans of Boudreaux lamented that his famous dogs were put to sleep.

If found guilty, the Boudreauxs could face up to 10 years in prison and up to $25,000 in fines for each count of dogfighting.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A ID=/20060119/NEWS01/601190329&SearchID=73233039631215
[notify]
Sabrina- 2000~2012

To break- injustice we- must break- silence

Barked: Wed Jan 25, '06 10:59am PST 
This thread has gotten out of hand. Dogster is here for the love of dog, not for hating people no matter what you think of them.

I would love to have a non-confrontational conversation about this, but it seems this may never be possible, at least the way this thread is going.

Therefore, this thread is closed.
[notify]
Harry CGC,- TT

I'll take care- of the puppy!

Barked: Tue Jan 24, '06 6:01pm PST 
maybe they should just put him in a room with a bunch of his own dogs unmuzzled and unchained.
dirt bag
sadly it's his dogs who will pay for his crimes with their lives.

-Harry's mom
[notify]

Raskol

Paddle!- Paddle!- Splash!

Barked: Tue Jan 24, '06 7:22pm PST 
Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!! The Floyd Boudreaux's of the world are the reason for all our woes.

May he get the maximum penalty. And may God punish him as He sees fit.

I for one would like to pee on him. Or, as our friend Dexter has suggested: drop him in a pit of rabid badgers (which is what we'd like to do to all those "people" who P us off.
[notify]
Cosmic- Isabel- Roverandom

To Infinity and- Beyond!

Barked: Tue Jan 24, '06 8:05pm PST 
The Boudreaux family could inaugurate my administration's feral dog preserve where recovering fighting dogs get to hunt PETA members and scum like these guys.

Of course if it is decided to go with the badgers I would suggest throwin' in a mongoose or two. Those guys are crazy!
[notify]

Barked: Wed Jan 25, '06 4:09am PST 
Well, this was not really what I was looking for as far as replies..

You people do know that without Floyd's dogs, most of the lines that are around today would not be here... right?

I guess I thought that maybe some folks would actually support one of the founding people of this breed.

I don't support the fact that he USED to be a dog fighter...like 30 or 40 years ago... but, his lines will never be able to be duplicated.

Sorry that you can't deal with the fact that all of your Pits have fighting dogs in them somewhere...
[notify]
Cosmic- Isabel- Roverandom

To Infinity and- Beyond!

Barked: Wed Jan 25, '06 4:20am PST 
I think what people can't deal with is the thought of these dogs being pumped up with steroids and hormones to make them aggressive. Whatever lines he may have preserved he was abusing those animals and is part of the reason the breed gets a bad rap. You'd be hard pressed to find anydog that's going to condone that. The fact that these chemicals were found at his place is a pretty clear sign that he was still actively breeding fighting dogs. I hope the practice is irradicated and the practioners are locked up and never see the light of day again.
[notify]

Barked: Wed Jan 25, '06 7:06am PST 
First off.. steriods were given to make them stronger," performance enhancers " you might call them, just like the Baseball players and Football players take (although they are illegal in Professional sports)... Pit Bulls and ALL terrier breeds in general are already animal aggressive..

I think you need to do some research into this history of this breed before you start making some of these comments. All of the people that started this breed are being made to look bad by all of you "new school" Pit owners. You all say that they did bad things, well, they didn't when they started. Game sports were allowed back then.

As I stated above, I do not condone dog fighting, but EVERY ONE OF THESE DOGS CAME FROM A FIGHTER somewhere... you cannot deny that. When this breed was started, dog fighting, bull baiting, bear baiting, and things like that were ALL LEGAL. No one questioned anything back in the day.

I know plenty of people that own Pit Bulls tht cannot even have them out at the same time because they will kill each other.. and guess what? None of them are getting steriods or hormones. How do you explain that? It is simple.. Pit Bulls are dog/animal aggressive animals. It is instinctive in them, they can be trained to have it somewhat subsided, but it will always be there. My dogs are perfect examples of that. They all live togther, and have pretty much grown up together, yet at times they do fight with each other. I did not train them to do this, it is in them to do it...

I'm sorry, but nothing you say will change any of this, nor will it change my attitude towards the history of these dogs. I have embraced it, and am not ashamed of it. I do things to make people see what the positive things they do are. That way, future generations can see what great animals Pit Bulls are.
[notify]

Barked: Wed Jan 25, '06 7:08am PST 
And for Harry's mom-

They killed all but 5 or 6 of his dogs before Floyd even had a chance to go to trial. So, that is how the American justice system works..
[notify]
Raskol

Paddle!- Paddle!- Splash!

Barked: Wed Jan 25, '06 8:34am PST 
Ziero,

No, not many of us know about Boudreaux the Breeder. That's why you got these responses I think.

The article you posted doesn't lead one to know all about the Eli line. The only mention the famous line at all - is that they're "famous for their aggression." And if you didn't know that Boudreaux was a famous breeder, all you get from the article is that some guy in Louisiana was arrested for 48 counts of dog fighting. If Boudreaux was NOT actually fighting the dogs anymore-which someone without prior knowledge would NOT be able to tell from the piece - then it is a different story.

I do know that somewhere in my genes there was once a fighter. I am not ashamed of it. Nor am I proud. It is simply a fact.

And I think it is awful that the dogs were euthenized at all. There is absolutely no reason a competent "fighting line" dog can't be rehomed to the right person.
[notify]
(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3