GO!

FUR HUNTER PHOTO!! this is sick

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Other posts by this user

Barked: Tue Dec 6, '05 4:40pm PST 
my mom is a hunter but she doesnt hunt for fur and she does it twice a year and only hunts what is in season as well as she fishes but she gets disgusted exspecically at fur hunters. look at this photo.

http://www.alibaba.com/photo/10464394/Raw_Fur_Pelts_Mink_S able_Fox_Chinchilla_Lynx_Coyote.jpg
[notify]
Kaltag "Kallie"

Mushing in the- SNOW!!!!!

Barked: Tue Dec 6, '05 5:08pm PST 
In parts of Alaska people were allowed to hunt a certian amount of wolves for a certian amount of time if they got a special license a while back. It was from trying to lower the wolf population (the moose/caribou population was going down because of the huge number of wolves, and some of the people who depended on those animals were starving, so the government decided to try and lower the wolf population to try and allow the caribou/moose population to rise). That photo may be from that time period, or they may be a person who lives in the bush and depends on those furs to be able to buy food that they can't hunt or grow for their families.

I'm not crazy about it, and I'd never do it, but I personally am not against people hunting non-edible animals for the reasons I mentioned. If they're hunting just for fun without any reason except for pelts to show off, I hate it and will shoot the person myself if I could.
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Barked: Tue Dec 6, '05 5:48pm PST 
kallie i understand. i have some fur items too from when i lived in Montana as a kid. But this looks like a guy who shot them for fun.
Once I grew old enough to start hunting after we butchered a deer we took the skin and cleaned them and made different things out of them for winter to keep warm.

one thing we made was a bed for our dogs when they went outside during winter. my dad made all the dog houses and we took the deer hide elk hide or watever and put it on the floor of the dog house and took hay and covered it up for warmth for our dogs. we also had hats, mittens but we recycled the fur from what we killed to get dinner on the table we didnt go out and shoot more.

it sickens me when ppl shoot for fun,joy,and profit
[notify]

Lucy - Rest in- Peace, LuLu

Ban the deed,- not the breed!

Barked: Tue Dec 6, '05 6:08pm PST 
Not long ago, a month or so, I saw a video PETA had posted to the internet exposing the Chinese dog and cat fur trade. The video and images of unimaginable suffering is stillgiving me nightmares. While I'm no fan of PETA, the video was unedited and unsensationalized. It's brutality was very real and raw however. PETA ran this video to expose J Crew who they claim buys dog and cat pelts from China for their fashion gear. Now evertime I'm in a KMart, Mervyns, or similar store, when I see a fur-collared jacket on the rack, I shudder, wondering what helpless animal--rabbit, cat, dog...???--suffered at the hands of Chinese domestic animal fur traders so that we damn Yankees can cheaply wrap ourselves in fur.

Sorry to be so morose. But if you'd seen that video, you'd know where all this angst is coming from.

Lucy
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Barked: Tue Dec 6, '05 6:17pm PST 
that is wrong. like i'm saing wen i was in montana we killed deer to have food on the table. we recycled the fur aand made use of them somehow rather to warm our dogs up or to make us warm. but we never ever ever sold the fur.
[notify]
Kaltag "Kallie"

Mushing in the- SNOW!!!!!

Barked: Wed Dec 7, '05 12:04am PST 
I have to admit that it's really hard to tell what the animals were hunted for in a picture. You have no idea where this was taken, when, who shot the animals, why, etc. etc.
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Barked: Wed Dec 7, '05 6:11pm PST 
read the link it says these names

Mink_S able_Fox_Chinchilla_Lynx_Coyote
[notify]
Noid

Naked Noid

Barked: Wed Dec 7, '05 10:33pm PST 
Lucy, I saw that video that you spoke of and it still gives me nightmares as well!!! I was astonished and sickened and so distraught after seeing it and in fact had to turn it off as I just could not handle watching it anymore it was so disturbing.
[notify]
Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Love is never- being told you'- naughty!

Barked: Thu Dec 8, '05 7:09am PST 
That is despicable. Those poor animals. I too saw that video and was so horrified by it that I found it really unbelievable that so called "humans" could actually treat any animal that way. It was probably the most upsetting thing I have seen. The terrible thing is that they do indeed use cats and dogs for furs too.

As for that picture of the furs - I am totally against the fur industry period!
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Barked: Fri Dec 9, '05 5:18pm PST 
i know. i saw the video. but this guy has a big smile like hohoho i got a bunch of fur

i didnt know people took dog/cat fur i mainly know deer and elk from where i used to live

wat i find disgusting are people who eat dog tounges and dog gut.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2