GO!

Eye Flushing

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Darcy

All I need is- Love......

Barked: Mon May 20, '13 9:27am PST 
Can I use saline eye flush for humans on dogs? The pollen is thick and their eyes have some crud. I was wondering if I can flush them to help. I did give them both benydryl and that has relieved some of the itching eyes...
[notify]
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Mon May 20, '13 9:37am PST 
That's what our vet recommends for flushing crud.
[notify]
Darcy

Barked: Mon May 20, '13 9:43am PST 
Thanks Chance! way to go
[notify]

Ace

Mischief is my- middle name

Barked: Mon May 20, '13 1:25pm PST 
That's good to know, since I assumed anything that was okay to put in my eyes would be okay to put in my dogs' eyes a while back laugh out loud

I saved myself a vet visit. One had a red eye on a weekend, I got my saline out, and he was fine by Monday.
[notify]
Thor

Hump Hump

Barked: Mon May 20, '13 2:43pm PST 
Yep Darcy, its Ok ..I used it on Old Rommel for a few years, with no problems..way to go

Hugs & Farts
Thor..wave
[notify]
Darcy

Barked: Wed May 22, '13 10:22am PST 
Darcy's eyes didn't clear up too much. I took her to the vet and she's got medicine deops. But I wil be flushing her eyes with the pollen as thick as it is once she's done with the med drops! Thanks everyone! way to gocheer
[notify]