|Beanster, CD, RN, CGC|
We don't - doodle!!!
|Barked: Wed Mar 27, '13 12:00pm PST |
|Just came home from work to find Beanie, 7 lbs toy poodle, acting a bit strange. I checked his eyes and gums and they were dry and tacky and a weird dark color. His abdomen was pretty bloated as well.
I looked around and found a wrapper for a 12 oz solid chocolate bunny with less than a one inch piece of the chocolate left.
Beanie is currently at the vets on IV's and getting activated charcoal plus some other drugs to help his kidneys and liver. They expect two to three days before he is out of the woods and okay.
This was MILK CHOCOLATE, which most of us have been lead to believe is not usually a problem, BUT he weighs 7 lbs, it was good, PURE American made chocolate instead of imported made with tons of sugar as a filler, and he ate about 10 or 11 ounces of it.
This bunny had been sitting, wrapped, on my desk for at least a week now and NO ONE had looked at it or touched it. Suddenly, he climbed up and got it today. Fortunately, I got out of work early today!!
Just wanted to remind everyone on Easter Week that even milk chocolate, in enough quantity, can be extremely serious!
|my posts | my page | msg me | my family's posts | gift me | become pals|| [notify]|