GO!

GNC fish/krill oil?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Kitsune

Divide and- cuddle!!

Barked: Wed Feb 13, '13 3:23pm PST 
Does anyone use GNC fish/krill oil for their dogs?

My fiance started buying this stuff from GNC for himself and I was wondering if I could use it for Kit rather than buying him his own fish oil.

The GNC stuff is "Triple Strength Fish Oil + Krill". Each pill has 323mg EPA, 127mg DHA, and 150mg Neptune Krill Oil.

The other ingredients listed are "Fish body oil, soybean oil, gelatin, glycerin, Enteric coating (Cellulose, sodium alginate, medium chain triglycerides, oleic and stearic acids).

Some of that stuff I assume is the gel coating, which Kit wouldn't get since I'm planning on putting a hole in the pills and putting the oil on his food.

I'm not crazy about the soybean oil. Should I look for something without it?

Also, is it ok to give fish oil without giving Vitamin E? I've read that fish oil can interfere with Vit. E levels.

My vet recently recommended that I start giving Kit fish oil, and I believe it would benefit him as well. I haven't asked them about the GNC stuff because I wanted to do some research of my own before starting him on anything. If the GNC brand I mentioned isn't optimal, what would people recommend instead? Or what should I look for when I buy it?

Thanks! smile
[notify]