GO!

Post spay redness

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '13 8:23pm PST 
Hi everyone!

I just got my 8 month old puppy spayed 12 days ago. She has been eating fine, doing light exercise and just seems to be her usual self. I am a little worried because the area around her incision appears to be a bit pink, if not almost red. I don't think it is swelling, nor is it pussing or really wet. Here is a link to the picture because I don't know how to upload it on my iPad.. I had her spayed at the SPCA and they didn't find it necessary to give me an e-collar. Im thinking it could be an infection of some sort. Should I be really worried? Or is this just normal post surgery bruising??

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u17/bridgetkdavis /7ec7bc27c99c61b851f7116ab8526f9d.jpg
[notify]

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '13 9:38pm PST 
Hello,

I would like to tell you that the link to the photo isn't working. Maybe you could add in one that works so we could take a look too. Anyway, as long as the incision still looks nice, healthy, and pink and the discharge, if any, is clear or slightly pink, the healing process is still on-going. If the incision is red, or there is yellow or white discharge, please call a veterinarian.

Marie
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '13 9:58pm PST 
The link works, you just have to remove the space Dogster puts in. But here's a rollover to make it easier: Picture
[notify]

Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Mon Feb 4, '13 4:36am PST 
Looks pretty normal to me.
[notify]

Barked: Mon Feb 4, '13 10:33pm PST 
Ah, yes. I didn't notice the space dogster inserted. The incision looks normal though. It doesn't seem like you've got anything to worry about.
[notify]
Bella

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '13 4:05pm PST 
Also looks normal to me as well. We saw a lot of bruising after about a week that started red, then turned the normal bruising colors.
[notify]