GO!

Rocky was attacked!

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 2 of 5: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4  5  
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 2:43pm PST 
Ouch....bad locations for him to even shift his position much, the poor thing. You should sit with him quietly...I am sure he'd benefit from your reassurance. But try to keep activity around his crate quiet and minimal. He needs to rest, but will feel better to know you are there and watching over him. I was in a similar position with my childhood dog when I was young, and know it can be a horrible visual and emotional experience to have trouble getting another dog (dogs, apparently, in your case) off your own, defenseless pet. Give yourself some time to climb down. This has been a tough ordeal. Just sitting with him quietly and appreciating he survived and is resting can be the best medicine for the both of you hug
[notify]
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 3:23pm PST 
hug hug Hope he makes a speedy recovery hug hug
[notify]
Bandit

I luvs slippers

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 4:25pm PST 
Sending special thoughts and prayers for Rocky and you.hughughug
[notify]

Moose

I love sitting- in laps

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 6:09pm PST 
hug Hope he has a quick and smooth recovery hug
[notify]
Lexus

shy girl

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 6:09pm PST 
very sorry to hear that Rocky, I hope you have a speedy recovery. That is so terrible! hughughughug flowers
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 7:20pm PST 
Oh my goodness! Poor pupper. Get well soon, Rocky! hug
[notify]
Angel

Tuff Enuff!

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 8:51pm PST 
Get well soon Rockyhughughug
[notify]

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 1:01am PST 
Prayers going out to you and your dog. Hope he gets better as soon as possible.
[notify]
Mishka &- Luna

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 3:24am PST 
hughughughug Luna, Mishka, Jazz, and Boomer are sending prayers and positive thoughts your way. Keep his movements very minimal and make sure nothing rubs up against the stitches as you don't want anything to irritate those wounds. Keep in mind that the drains are going to cause a lot of bloody fluid to escape his body so make sure where ever he is laying you have a towel or potty pad underneath him as you do not want that fluid staining your carpets. Idk what it is with this month. At the clinic I work at we have had 6 or 7 dog attacks come in. Saturday we had 3!!! One of the dog attack victims actually passed on our table. It was a very sad situation. The man's rottweiler had attacked a senior chihuahua and the owner of the rottweiler felt so sympathetic for the woman that he had brought her to our clinic and had stayed with her at the clinic. He had his dog in the garage with him with the door closed. His girlfriend had came home and opened the garage and the rottie darted out of the garage straight for the poor old chihuahua..

Are your neighbors going to pay for the vet bill? I know that it was rocky who crossed their territory but it was still their dogs' that attacked rocky.. Idk what the situation or laws are in your area but any dog attack on human or animal happens here in Nevada has to report it to animal control and the dog who attacked whoever has to spend 10 days in quarantine and then they are put through behavioral tests to see if they are going home with certain rules or if they ever will go home at all.

I hope rocky starts feeling better and that his wounds do well with the healing. Again my fur family is sending their love, thoughts and prayers to you and rocky for the road of recovery. hughughughug
[notify]
Rocky

SQUIRREL!!

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 4:00am PST 
He's feeling much better this morning. i was worried last night. He wouldn't eat or drink anything and he'd cry everytime he stepped wrong. I had to crush his pills, mix them in water and squirt them down his throat frown But so far this morning he ate a little over a hot dog (meds mixed in) and a little pumpkin, took a couple sips of water, and walked outside and peed a River. He's definitely not interested in his regular dog food and wants to be hand feed the good stuff lol. I haven't heard him cry at all yet this morning. He's obviously very stiff though. He's resting comfortably now in his crate. I have to get the other crate out of storage today since Sparkles has been so concerned about her brother that she chewed almost the whole way through the bedroom door to get out to see him frown yesterday when I was patching him up before we headed to the vet, she sat outside the door and howled until I let her in to see him.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 5: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4  5