GO!

Fritz has been hurt :-(

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 2 of 6: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  
Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 11:48am PST 
Get well soon. hughughugwishes
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 11:58am PST 
hughughughug To Fritz. Hope he is feeling much better soon. wishes on his speedy and uncomplicated recovery.
[notify]
Titus

Cave canis- vigilo omnis

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 12:46pm PST 
Yikes! Feel better soon, Fritzie! wishes
[notify]

Twister

forever loved

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 1:05pm PST 
Hope you heal quickly, Fritz! Twist recently had to have stitches too; they healed in about ten days, but it was on the inside of his back leg. Fences can be a pain, my sister is needing to get hers replaced as well.hug Feel better soon!hug
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 1:14pm PST 
Oh Sweet Boy.... heal fast !

Cross the bridges as you come to them.. if you can keep the wound supple it should heal nicely. Even if you have to protect it a little longer.

One day at a time.. and feel better !

hughughughughughughughughug
[notify]
Moose

I love sitting- in laps

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 1:32pm PST 
hughug Get better soon Fritz hug
[notify]
Kali Neal

Kali-Bug

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 2:37pm PST 
That poor guy. It's worrisome when they run off. My pit as you can probably tell is also doing the same thing. She comes back with open cuts and ticks all over her body. It sucks. I hope he gets better real fast.
[notify]
Wilbur

Can I bite your- toes?

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 4:51pm PST 
Ouch!!! frown Get well soon Fritz! hugflowers
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 5:54pm PST 
Kali Neal, Fritz didn't run away, he was caught IN his fenced yard!

Fritz, my vet read me all the horror stories about getting an incision along the shin to heal when my GSD had a tumor removed. It was malignant so they had to take wide margins. He used staples instead of suture material. We did leave the staples in for three weeks but when they were removed it was completely healed and looked great!
If I remember correctly, I used vitamin e oil on the incision AFTER initial healing was started, I think from day 4 or 5, to keep it soft and supple.
And, in spite of the path report recommending amputation, my vet did a GREAT job with those margins and she lived for five more years before it returned when she was 13 years old!
[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 7:07pm PST 
Sarah had to have a growth taken off of her foot. It got nasty while it was wrapped up and the stitches came open. Once we got the bandage off and treated it as an open wound it got much better. She has a scar but her hair covers most of it.

I had a foster who had a his rear dewclaws removed. The vet put the wraps on too tight and he lost circulation to his lower legs. That was gross, and recovery was AWFUL. But, he kept his legs and is totally healthy now, with a few battle scars.

Keep an eye on Fritz's wound and I think he will be just fine. Plus, he's so furry, scars won't even show! smile

Get better soon, Fritz!
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 6: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4  5  6