GO!

poop color?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Barked: Fri Dec 7, '12 7:03am PST 
i took my dog to the vet recently and he said i need to bring him a stool sample my problem is that im never home and i have multiple dog so identification is an issue. i asked the vet and he said feed my dog a color crayon but he will not eat it, anyone have any suggestions ?
[notify]
Hucky and- Ringo

Barked: Fri Dec 7, '12 7:35am PST 
I had the same problem. I have doggy doors so I never know what they are doing outside or who's doing it. I told the vet this so he took Huck in the back room and got a sample with a Q tip or something.
[notify]
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Fri Dec 7, '12 8:44am PST 
If my vet told me to feed my dog a crayon I'd be finding a new vet! But seriously, if you can't get a sample the vet should be able to get one with a swab or by sticking his/her gloved finger in the dog's butt.
[notify]

Taggert

Semper Vorax

Barked: Fri Dec 7, '12 1:32pm PST 
ask a person in the home, or take the time you have to take a walk with that dog and pick up a sample as you walk him. I seriously can't believe you own dogs and you're not around them often enough at home to at least take a 15 minute walk around the block, even if it has to be at night?

I mean, even dogs that have doggie doors need a daily walk. There should be no problem.
[notify]
Tiara

Barked: Tue Dec 11, '12 8:20am PST 
I also have a bit of concern with a vet that tells you to do that. I also think getting up a few minutes early to take the dog for a walk would not hurt you and then you would know what dog did what.
[notify]