GO!

Comfortis fleat treatment - AWFUL side effects !

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 11 of 11: Viewing entries 101 to 105)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  

Barked: Sat Jul 26, '14 9:07am PST 
I find it interesting that almost ALL the vets, techs, etc,- when questioned about side effects from Comfortis- say they have NEVER heard of anything besides Vomiting if you do not give it with food. My Lucy has been on comforts for several years, worked like a charm. I recently bought a new box from my Vet. last Sunday she got the first dose from the new box. within 24-26 hours she showed signs of what to us seemed like a 'mini stroke" head grown, tail down, missing steps, could hardly walk up steps. walking in circles, almost as if she was coming out of anesthesia. Closely watched her. Took her to vet the next day , no visible signs which was great., They did blood work, and did find some unusual things, which we need to give a urine specimen etc, to look into further…BUT Thankfully she seems back to normal behaviorally. I brought box back for refund. Still wonder how the vets say they have never heard of anything like this when I am reading similar side effects from others? I m just thankful my girl is back to normal.
[notify]

Barked: Wed Aug 13, '14 10:07am PST 
I have a new 7 pound 6 month old shih tuz. I found 2 fleas on her, and have always treated my other dog with Frontline Plus, (along with my Ragdoll cat). One year, the Frontline was not enough and i did give Comfortis to my dogs, and seemed to have no side effects. When speaking with my vet, she told me that my new puppy was old enough for the Frontline Plus, along with the Comfortis, which is how my boyfriend always treats hi Scottie with. So about a week ago, i treated all the dogs w/ Frontline Plus, and did not notice any fleas at all, but some of them continued to scratch. My boyfriend told me we needed to use Comfortis a well, so i went to my vet and again asked if Casey was old enough to use both on, and she said "yes". well, that was 2 days ago, and my little puppy did not even eat all of the food that the Comfortis was in, but i do know she got some. Since then, she is lethargic, has vomited everywhere, will not eat or drink, has horrible diarrhea, etc. for two days now, i can hear her little belly rumbling. Today, i work up to her having diarrhea everywhere and gave her yet another bath. she is laying next to me, with no energy and just seems really really tired. My boyfriend thinks she may have gotten into some type of scraps (food) that made her ill, but i dont think so. He said he caught her in the trash eating toilet paper, and i am sure he did, but she has never gotten into the trash before. i think this IS a reaction to the Comfortis, an now am guessing i am just playing the waiting game to see if it wears off. Her belly "rumbling" seems to have stopped, but she is not eating anything at all, and still seems to have no energy. I guess i am just at a loss.... not sure what to do or not do. None of the other animals that were given the same things at the same time (two scotties, one grown shih tzu, a terrier mix and my cat) all seem fine? any suggestions are welcome. thanks, sheila smile
[notify]

Barked: Fri Aug 15, '14 8:27pm PST 
Sheila, I cannot tell you what caused this to happen, but my gut says your animals should not be on 2 pesticides for fleas. I have stopped Comfortis altogether now. I hope your little one is ok!
[notify]

Juniper

Barked: Mon Aug 18, '14 3:26pm PST 
I had to get a dose of comfortis again this summer- after a terrible flea infestation from going someplace with a huge flea population. ;-( We have been using the Pet Protector disc which work really well right up until the flea infestation came in from an outside source. I do feel the holistic treatments work and even though they say that comfortis is an organic pesticide I feel awful using it. I am glad to read about your all's experience here. I hope I never have to use it again.

I was so happy with the Pet Protector disc which uses scalar energy waves. But, even when using holistic methods sometimes you have to intervene with something more powerful.

Anyone have any other suggestions? This is our website and blog explaining what my experience has been.

http://holisticpetcareproducts.com/no-more-fleas-without-chemica ls/

I am still looking for that perfect flea solution? Any suggestions to add?

Thanks,
Jun blue dog

Edited by author Mon Aug 18, '14 3:29pm PST

[notify]
Chelsea

Chel See ah

Barked: Sun Sep 7, '14 1:22pm PST 
GREAT SUCCESS with Comfortis. All three of our dogs got flees on Frontline (our exterminator said, "Yeah, that stopped working two years ago." Two of our dogs have had consistent bouts of IHG, Idiopathic Hemorrhagic Gastroenteritis and are on Hill Prescription Diet for Sensitive Stomachs and we also put AllerG3 Omega Three into their food. No bouts of IHG since but we were concerned with the warning of GI problems with Comfortis. I'm happy to say that we've had no problems on Comfortis, both with flees or stomach problems.
[notify]
  (Page 11 of 11: Viewing entries 101 to 105)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11