GO!

Comfortis fleat treatment - AWFUL side effects !

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 10 of 10: Viewing entries 91 to 100)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  
Amber

All the world's- a playground!

Barked: Wed Feb 26, '14 8:20am PST 
bumping up to get ahead of the spam.

Barked: Wed Apr 9, '14 7:07am PST 
Bailey is 14. He is terrier/basenji mix. He has taken this monthly the majority of his life with no side effects. He still has complete health and behaves like a puppy.
[notify]
Snickers

Sweeter than- Chocolate!!

Barked: Thu May 1, '14 12:17pm PST 
Am very worried right now. Vet prescribed Comfortis for my 2lb yorkie pup. About an hour later, she vomited. About 2-1/2 hours later, she's shaking and can barely hold her eyes open. won't eat even a beloved treat, and cries when moved. I'm waiting for my vet to call me back. any suggestions until then?
[notify]

Snickers

Barked: Thu May 1, '14 12:17pm PST 
double post

Edited by author Thu May 1, '14 12:22pm PST

[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Thu May 1, '14 1:23pm PST 
Vomiting is a common side effect. I would be worried about the shaking and probably never give her the medication again. She may just be too small and sensitive for this medication.

I hope she feels better soon. hug
[notify]
Snickers

Barked: Thu May 1, '14 1:55pm PST 
Thanks, Fritz. hug We just got back from the vet, and it's exactly as you said: she's too small for Comfortis. She's going to be OK, just a little sleepy for several hours.
[notify]
Snickers

Barked: Thu May 1, '14 1:55pm PST 
Thanks, Fritz. hug We just got back from the vet, and it's exactly as you said: she's too small for Comfortis. She's going to be OK, just a little sleepy for several hours.
[notify]
Otis - Dachhund mix

Otis loves being- on his- back,during walk

Barked: Fri May 2, '14 4:28am PST 
I use Comfortis on my dog - although he doesn't get any side effects, I don't think it's any better for getting rid of fleas than the other products. After 3 weeks (instead of month) he has the fleas. I won't give him Frontline. We gave our previous dog Frontline and he ended up 2 or 3 summers in a row with bad skin irritation. The vets (we went to 2 different ones)told us it was a certain type of grass that was causing his irritation. It looked like the mange. A few years after he passed away from cancer, I was at vet with new dog and heard vet nurse telling an owner that if her dog was receiving heartworm injections, then her dog should not have Frontline, as apparently, there is something in Frontline that is similar to what is given to the dog for heartworm. I was giving the new dog Advantx but vet advised that Comfortis is better. I've been giving him Comfortis for over a year now, but not regularly throughout the year - I buy the 3-4 month pack at the beginning of summer, finish the pack then start again at the beginning of next summer. You must wonder what chemicals, etc. are put into these products and how safe the products really are, even without any side-effects.
[notify]
Hershey

Frisbees, sticks- and leaves oh- my!

Barked: Sat May 3, '14 7:26pm PST 
bump
[notify]

Barked: Thu Jul 10, '14 5:49am PST 
I am absolutely HORRIFIED from giving my dogs Comfortis. Last month, my yorkie had a seizure and her teeth wouldn't stop chattering. I took her to the vet and he asked if I'd given her anything. All I'd given her was Comfortis, but he didn't think it was to blame. I gave all three dogs Comfortis yesterday. Today, my yorkie Lucy had three seizures and one of my other dogs has vomited excessively and been lethargic. I began researching online and have read one horror story after another. I am SICK about this and will NEVER give my dog babies Comfortis again!!!!!
[notify]
  (Page 10 of 10: Viewing entries 91 to 100)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10